cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Data usage seems fraudulent!

Líder Sénior

smk17 wrote:

I've experienced the exact same thing and had the exact same thoughts. When we are all of a sudden being told we are over our limit with 8 days left was shocking, as it was totally not in line or anywhere consistent with our past usage. After paying $75 in overage fees, the very next month we went over our 12GB limit with 14 days remaining!!?? And to top it all off, our Internet Provider (Frontier) lost it's internet connection with us, and we have to wait 3 weeks before a technician can come out to get our internet back.

This certainly sheds some light on a possibility why you had data overages. Even if a router does not have an internet connection, it can still send a wifi signal from the router to your phone. If the phone determines there is not an internet connection even though it has a strong wifi signal, it will choose to use cellular data even though it IS connected to your router via wifi. Perhaps you had lost your internet connection with Frontier before you realized it and THAT is why you exceeded your data allowance with 14 days remaining in your cycle.

Furthermore, if your router suddenly lost ALL internet connection, it seems at least possible you had intermittent internet connection for at least a period of time before ALL connection stopped.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I completely agree! My data usage in April/May was 50% of what my plan has. And then in July, I went over - twice!! I'm not doing anything differently.

Highlighted

Miembro

I am having the same issue. My husband and I rarely go over our 4GB. I received a text that I was over and charged $30. Days later I received a text saying I had 10% left and then very next day I had no data. I work from home and I am always on my home WIFI. My husband has WIFI at work he is connected to also. Something is not adding up.  I have been with Verizon since...Well a very very long time!

I am shopping for a new provider.

Highlighted

Miembro

Hola,

I have experienced and figured out how Verizon is cheating costumers and adding high data usage charges on its "cheapest" internatiomal plan Pay as You Go. There are no warnings in plan description, tey can charge your phone even if you are not using it at all! They are happy to get your money! This is costumer fraud by Verizon. I will never use this company again!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Traveler3,

Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and service with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way. Verizon Wireless can not simply remove a plan from your line especially without advising beforehand if there would need to be any changes. We would love to discuss any issues you've had with your account directly. What plan did you have that was changed or removed without prior warning?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

We are using data when no phones or anything connected besides our jet pack.  Nothing has been connected.   You are lying about data.   O watched it jump several times when no one was home for 2 days.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Something is different on my account just within the last few months. We have been using our phones essentially the same way for years and NEVER gone over our data usage allotment and now we have gone over each of the last few months. The problem is not specific to one phone. It seems that something must have changed with the Verizon service in order for this to happen.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

As a customer myself, I realize the importance of data usage and monitoring it.  Let's get to the bottom of this.  A private message has been sent to you for further assistance.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I figured out how to solve this problem but still do not understand why it is happening. The problem is that the phones were connecting to the mobile network even when wifi was available. This can be avoided by turning off the "Mobile Data Usage" option on the connections/data usage page. This then requires that this option be turned back on when you leave the wifi coverage area so it's kind of a pain.

This doesn't explain, however, why this suddenly started happening. The usage patterns of the phones in question had been the same for years before we encountered this problem. These two phones were in different locations and therefore using different wifi networks. Both of them started this behavior at the same time so it seems like something must have changed in the software of the phones themselves.

In the meantime, I spent $60 in data overage charges before figuring out how to solve the problem.

The messages I got from Verizon could have explained this most likely source of the increased data usage but they did not. Instead, they just offered to sell me plans with more data.

0 Likes

Miembro

@VisforVerizon wrote:

I had a "small" data plan because we simply don't do much with it. Now, it's as if we are draining through it within the first 2 weeks.  I also used the VerizonUp "benefit" to bump it up 1Gb and it's down to .57G within an hour.  Without any use of the phone!! This seems fraudulent, like Verizon is lying about data usage to get people to bump up their plan.  How can I be showing 25% of data used for "Gaming" when I have no gaming apps?