Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Data overage charges?
sgodbo
Miembro

Can someone explain this to me? My plan includes 2gb date unlimited talk/text for $75/mo. The data overage charge is supposed to be $15 per 1gb over right? How is it my bill came out to $110? When I only used 2.3 gb of data in total the whole month? Here were the charges:

bill.png

WTF is that about? I thought it'd be a prorated charge based on that $15 per ONE GB rule, I didn't think they'd charge me for the full GB when I used LESS THAN a FIFTH of a GB over. So I got charged $15 for that and $15 for MB usage? No one ever told me anything about Megabyte usage? What the hell is the difference? Why was I charged $30 more for not even using a whole GB over? I would understand being charged an extra $15, but an extra $30?! Can someone help me to understand this please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Re: Data overage charges?
tikibar1
Líder Sénior

Overages aren't prorated ... you are charged $15 per GB over, regardless of how much you go over (the overage is rounded up to the nearest GB).

Looks like you had two different things going on.  First, the "unbilled usage from previous months" charge.  Sometimes billing is delayed, usually when you're on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon, resulting in a delay in when Verizon bills you.  So that appears to have caused you to go over your limit for the past billing cycle.  Also, in the next line, it shows that you did go over your limit in the current billing cycle, i.e., you used 2.276 GB and you have a 2 GB data plan.  Have you called Customer Service to confirm? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Líder Sénior

Overages aren't prorated ... you are charged $15 per GB over, regardless of how much you go over (the overage is rounded up to the nearest GB).

Looks like you had two different things going on.  First, the "unbilled usage from previous months" charge.  Sometimes billing is delayed, usually when you're on another carrier's network and there is a delay in when the carrier bills Verizon, resulting in a delay in when Verizon bills you.  So that appears to have caused you to go over your limit for the past billing cycle.  Also, in the next line, it shows that you did go over your limit in the current billing cycle, i.e., you used 2.276 GB and you have a 2 GB data plan.  Have you called Customer Service to confirm? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sgodbo
Miembro

ah i see..i didn't know that. so even if i go over by like, .0001 gb I'll still be charged for the full GB? silly of me for thinking it would be prorated -___-. Also I did recently switch from Sprint to Verizon. But no, I haven't called them. If I do what should I ask? Sorry this is all new for me, Sprint was my first ever contract plan and I had unlimited data so I didn't have to worry about things like this. Thanks for ur help

0 Likes
tikibar1
Líder Sénior

Yeah, that overage being rounded up rather than pro-rated is a 'gotcha'.  I had the unbilled usage issue occur on my bill one time, but thankfully it didn't make me go over my data allotment.  That's the one I'd question Customer Service about if it were me, especially if you were under your data allowance last month. 

Servicio al Cliente

Dial *611 from a cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday - Sunday 6 am - 11 pm

- at the phone tree, press 4 for Other and then say Agent

0 Likes
sgodbo
Miembro

okay, so that "unbilled usage" would be from the month of December, right?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Líder Sénior

More than likely, yes, although I suppose it also could have been November.  Depends on your billing cycle, which tower you were using, and how long it takes that carrier to report the usage to VzW.

0 Likes
sgodbo
Miembro

ok, i'm going to look into it. thank you!

0 Likes
RushFan2112

Did you know that you can add 2GB yourself for only $10?  Why wait for Verizon to charge you $15 for only 1GB?

0 Likes
sgodbo
Miembro

so you mean i can have 4gb of data a month for only $10 more? my plan includes 2gb of data but thats not my issue, i used more than 2gb last month my problem was with the overage charges

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

This is not completely correct. For the data tiers of 1 GB thru 3 GB, you only get ONE extra GB for $10, not 2 GB for $10.

1 GB = $30/month

2 GB = $40/month

3 GB = $50/month

4 GB = $60/month

0 Likes