cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Data being used while EVERYTHING is turned OFF. How?

Miembro

I had my computer and router completely shut off from 11pm on the 11th until 2pm today the 14th. 

There's tiny amounts of data being used at 4:45 am and pm and 10:45 am and pm (4 times a day) every day that everything was shut off.

¿Cómo es posible esto?  I chatted with CS and the solution they came up with is to also unplug everything. 

I'm not really happy with that as it doesn't address the issue AT ALL.  And is that even going to work? 

Am I the only one this is happening to?  With how expensive data overage is this terrifies me.  I need every bit of my data for work, and I'm paying for disappearing data that I'm not using!  I hope to all hell that I don't end up going over my data cap because of this. Smiley Sad Help me!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Data being used while EVERYTHING is turned OFF. How?

Líder Sénior

You had the device that connects to Verizon shut completely off.  It is normal that very small amount of data is used every 6 hours on any device turned on.  This is checking in to home base type of transmission. This is only a few megabytes. 

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Help is definitely here, PAPERHARBORCO. I'm sure we'll find a solution. In order to get started, what model Verizon Wireless device do you have that's reporting this mystery data usage?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You had the device that connects to Verizon shut completely off.  It is normal that very small amount of data is used every 6 hours on any device turned on.  This is checking in to home base type of transmission. This is only a few megabytes. 

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Miembro

Makes perfect sense. Thank you. I don't understand why it took a rep an hour and she still couldn't figure that out. Though her idea to just unplug everything was good.  It stopped that.  So at least I know when I'm not working I can just unplug and not have to worry about data disappearing.

I had the router/modem and computer turned off, but unplugging also shut the cantenna off.  That's why it was still using the data for checkins while everything else was off.

0 Me gusta
Covid19