cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Data Surge on iPhone 6s

Miembro

Since coming to Alaska to manage a campaign we received on a blitz of text messages starting on 9/9 the day the i Phone 7 was released so getting a hold of anyone in Customer service was impossible. Even while waiting on hold for half an hour it dropped and we fell out of line. It was also the day we were setting up a campaign office so our use was less than average. At 4:43 on Friday we get a text that we have used 90% of our 14 Gigs. By 4:55 another message claiming we have used all of our data? 10% of 14 gigs is 1.4 gigs it's rather questionable that an LTE iPhone 6s from a basement of a brick building in Alaska. By 8:15 we are on our 5th message and 3 gigs over with no use out of the ordinary other than a long hold time with the recording going on and on about the iPhone 7. Well the iPhone 6s seems to be doing amazing data downloads.

12:55 On Saturday we are at 5 gigs. 4:23 25 Gigs. 20 Gigs in 3 hours. This is a new record, lets get Guinness on the line.

We would need a 100 MBPS (100Base-T) connection to do this in 3 hours. It's madness and no body at VERZCON cares.

Photo | Facebook

In the link above are the published data rates from Verizon in the photo album. We called Customer Service numerous times and didn't get any suggestions to turn off the data until technical assistance could be reached. It tool half a dozen calls to customer service before being transferred to technical assistance. Once we had a ticket number we were told to restore the phone the next day not to take it to Apple to get a diagnostic done to see what was using the data as it was not listed in the data monitoring settings. Verizon has been about as helpful and ethical as Wells Fargo to the customers they were playing shell account games with. Verizon is the Wells Fargo of Data Overages. They want you to pay. Más.

Here are the text messages, published data rates from Verizon and Data usage calculator.

Facebook Photo Album

In order to get what Verizon claims we used in a week I had to max out two smart phones and have a LTE internet Hotspots so that's three devices maxed out for an entire month on video streaming & Web. How is it possible to have one device do this in a week? Verizon don't care, they just bill you and me.

In spite of data usage that was unexplained and have not been accounted for Verizon shutting off our services prior to the billing cycle being complete or even the technical assistance ticket being resolved. VERZCON is the Wells Fargo of Wireless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Data Surge on iPhone 6s

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are always dedicated to offering you clear and accurate information, JungleCats907. Our network calculate the data as it comes strictly from the device. Please consider our billing system reports data once it becomes dormant or after 6 hours so this type of usage can be over a longer period of time. When the Statistics were reset via Settings>Cellular>Use Cellular Data For, what are the top applications and data amounts showing? What is the last reset date? Has the increase in data usage being reported continued into October?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Data Surge on iPhone 6s

Miembro

New feature added in a software update on my phone (iPhone) called Wifi Assist. This uses data from plan if the Wifi signal is weak. I have Fios and yet it used up all my data really fast. I turned off the Wifi Assist feature in the setting to not allow this to continue. It seems Verizon would mention this but I haven't seen it yet in anyone's posts. Also you can set the phone to 3G instead of the 4G LTE which uses up data faster also. Turn off apps not being used regularly. There is a setting in the phone that could be on which allows for automatic updates on apps and this will use data, even while your sleeping. I hope this helps.

0 Likes