Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

DONT USE VZ MESSAGING

Miembro

Hello all!

Y [removed]VERIZON.

Here's how my night has gone: Casually sitting on the couch watching TV tonight, I receive a VZW text informing me I've apparently changed my password to my verizon account online. Hm, well actually I didn't. So I proceeded with checking my account, whilst checking my online account I receive another text message. This time from 555-5, claiming I've now signed up for Verizon's new delightfully stupid feature: Integrated Messaging. When in fact, I didn't sign up for it. "Integrated Messaging" is Verizon's wonderful idea that allows you to receive all your texts via computer, tablet, or other device. So basically, the person who hacked into my account was seeing my incoming text messages. Now why would this person want to view my incoming text messages? AH, because my Gmail account send me new codes to my phone each time I log in. Wonderful, this hacker was not only viewing my private conversations but also acquiring my e-mail sign in codes. So in turn, we had a password changing fight via vzw.com until I finally won. The hacker obviously gave up, and I also changed all of my account information. Unfortunately, the hacker obtained my e-mail that just so happened to be linked to my checking account, my Facebook, my everything. Yipee! Right?! So I deleted that G-mail account and all it's data. Changed my passwords and information to all my other online accounts, etc. But honestly, because of this wonderful little "Integrated Messaging" app that Verizon has created, I have lost all trust in the company's security. If it was this easy for someone to hack my vzw account and view my incoming texts that's quite disturbing. And I'm the type of person who is constantly changing my passwords to crazy numbers and letters, who never puts her information out online, anything. All of the hacking in my life that occurred tonight began and stemmed from my verizon account. So props, Verizon. You've royally [removed] me over. But you don't care because you have too much of your billions to count and numerous people's bill's to [removed] Up your security, that department is lacking.

Warm [removed] regards,

A very [removed] cliente

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: DONT USE VZ MESSAGING

Asistencia al cliente

We always care about our customers and account security is at the top of our priority list IveBeenHacked. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

And yet another canned response with no concern in rectifying the concern or solving the problem.  BUT, it has me thinking about dumping that app too.

Highlighted

Miembro

Instead of blaming Verizon you should be royally [removed] off at the hacker. Idiots in this world that can't be happy with what they have.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Ouch - if, in fact, the Messages+ app is the root of all this (or at least, getting access to a MyVerizon account, and through that to Messages+) this is scary, and not a good thing. In order to actually get the Messages + app functioning on the computer though, I had to input a time sensitive code (received on my phone).  So I'm not sure how the hacker was able to get to your text messages.

That aside, do you still have access to your Verizon account?  Can you remove Messages?  Yes, your Verizon account was hacked, but as the previous poster said, be angry at the hacker.  I've had my Gmail, and other accounts compromised too - hackers are a pain the you know what, and despite all my precautions (Google two-factor authentication, highly secure and unique passwords to accounts, a password generator and keeper, firewalls, etc) I STILL get notices from companies that THEY have been hacked.  Verizon is not alone.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

This is admittedly the first time I have heard of vzw messages being hacked and I can see how software that passes the info to and from phone could be at fault, IF...the pc was already infected AND the user actually installed the pc portion of the messenger.  I never got the PC and phone to sync, and that's after trying it over 3 years on 5 phones.  I find the stock app a better compromise between 3rd party apps that offer prettiness and some extra features.  I use Google 2-step and it is a pain, especially if trying to add your current Google account to another device, or switching to another primary device.  I myself would be upset with the hacker AND vzw.  Vzw did nothing to assist that we know of, but of course a complete rundown of all steps leading to this would need to be known.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

He was compromised long before the messages and Verizon has nothing to do with it. He has a keyloggers on his computer. Any time he changed something even before the messenger texts he had the credentials to make changes after the fact.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Very true.

0 Likes