Queja

SARJEW36
Miembro

First of all, it's absolutely ridiculous you have to sign up separately from your Verizon account to even find the correct venue to complain. You should not have to sign up for a separate forum to tell a business when you are having issues, especially when you are a current customer. Having a form available once you log in or an email is among the most basic, no-brainer ways to rectify this. I am inclined to believe it's because you don't want to hear about suggestions or complaints to improve your company and I hope I'm wrong. However, this experience with you today has only validated that assumption.

What was supposed to be a simple inquiry on quotes and pricing for home internet turned into an hour and a half long debacle of wasting sales reps' time and my own trying to get on the phone with the correct person for my question. Using your automated system I was hung up on a total of 9 times, even when being transferred over from a sales rep. I ended up having to speak with a very helpful customer service rep on the Wireless side (who admittedly had NO trained knowledge of your Landline/Internet side but did her best, for which I am grateful) who did not have the resources or support from y'all to give me definite, clear answers. Through my own frustrated digging, I got my answers, but the experience over all left such a bad taste in my mouth about your company. I've been a customer of yours for 15+ years and I hope that such a customer-driven business would actually value their customers' experiences and want to hear about unfortunate instances like these to prevent them from happening in the future.

I will walk you through my experience in hopes Verizon does something to better service their customers without penalizing your own employees for helping.

I called the Verizon Wireless phone number to inquire about whether you provide residential internet service and if so, if it was in my area and if there were any discounts/bundles for already being a Verizon Wireless customer. A helpful rep gave me the number I needed to call regarding Fios, and transferred me to the correct line. The automated message asked if my call was about the account associated with my phone number, and even though I said "No", it told me that the number I'm calling from was a mobile line (duh) and that I needed to enter the landline number or the account, which I obviously didn't have. It then proceeded to hang up on me.

I called the line back with the number given several times, and each time (even though I varied my answers in attempt to speak to a live person to get fairly simple questions answered) I was hung up on.

I proceeded to call the original number back. While I was on the phone with the sales rep, he admitted that unless I already had a landline account, the "robot" would hang up on me. This is because to the system, if I'm not already an account holder with Verizon Landline, there would be no sale made so it hangs up on you before a sales rep answers to ensure they won't get penalized for not making a sale. He also tried to get through the automated system himself to help me, but it hung up on him, too. I learned that the automated system is rigged to hang up on people based on the way you answer your questions because if it is decided a sale won't be made, you will be disconnected. That's pretty frustrating on it's own, but considering I WAS trying to possibly do more business with Verizon, it was even more so. Moreover, to learn that if a sales rep doesn't make a sale for EVERY phone call they make they get penalized, or possibly fired, I can't imagine it incentives any Verizon rep to stay on the phone long enough to help out a customer who called the wrong line. Thankfully, he was very nice and helpful, but even he couldn't get me on the phone with someone to help.

I just don't understand how this system could be put in place. You certainly lost business with me today, through no fault of your sales and customer service reps, but your overall treatment of a long-time client AND the newfound knowledge of the misled pressures you put on your employees as well. That is some bad business and the bureaucratic hoops I had to jump through in the past two hours has motivated me to write this up and let you know. Every rep I've spoken with in these last couple of hours mentioned this is a common problem, so I guess my real question is why the heck hasn't this been addressed yet?

The kicker is? You guys don't even provide Fios in my area yet, something so simple that should have been able to be answered by the first person I spoke to but because you are so focused on closing sales on a first phone call, it didn't happen. Not only did you waste my time, but you wasted the time of 4 different reps who were unable to help me and therefore your own time and money. It's clear to me you don't value your customers and you certainly don't value your employees unless they make a sale on the spot. It's also clear to me who Verizon values more: the company, not its people. Shame on y'all.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Complaint

Ann154
Power User

If you have a question or complaint about the Verizon Landline services, the community forum for that side of the business is Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community.

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

boringusername

This is not customer service this is customer to customer forum; also this is for WIRELESS not FiOS.

Verizon Fios Internet, TV, Phone | Verizon Official Site

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Power User

If you have a question or complaint about the Verizon Landline services, the community forum for that side of the business is Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community.

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

I'm too exhausted from my two-hour phone conversation with multiple Verizon agents, which ended in having my call dropped, to go into much detail. But ditto to absolutely EVERYthing you wrote in your first paragraph.  After I created a separate account just so I could read and comment, I've come to find out - I cannot start a new thread to voice my own concerns. 

After a good night's sleep maybe I'll give it another shot. For right now - I'm shot. Thanks, Verizon, for turning a rare date night with my husband into an evening of frustration that started off wanting help with our tv service, but ended up leaving me with bad tv service AND no Internet. 

Sigh.

0 Me gusta

Zenasia
Miembro

I wonder if Xfinity would be a better option. For cable and for wireless data when you’re on the go. Just something to think about. Verizon is a huge corporation who doesn’t care about its customers. And although Xfinity is similar, I haven’t had any WiFi issues with them as much as I’ve had issues with Verizon. 

0 Me gusta