cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Complaint- getting billed for ex's Edge

lorirobn
Miembro

In October, my partner and I went on a family plan after years of each having our own Verizon Wireless accounts. The relationship ended in January, and thus began a long, insufferable, and so far unsuccessful time with Verizon requesting to separate our accounts. What should have been a simple request has taken months and countless hours, all to no avail.

The first problem was that even though he had been a Verizon Wireless customer before our family plan, Verizon made him start over as if he were a brand new customer and go through a credit check to open a "new" account.  Then, this was complicated by the fact that he has additional security on his credit status (this took hours and phone calls to figure out). He had to go through his credit company, for a fee, and this took awhile to process.

In the meantime, he purchased a Verizon 6 Plus phone at the Verizon store, and opened an Edge account.

Turns out that Edge account went on MY account. Somehow he was listed as "account manager" on my account. I'm not sure how that happened but I don't remember ever authorizing this. And apparently his $1000 “loan” or whatever Edge is went under my name, no authorization needed because he was “account manager” on my account.

Verizon customer service told us he should go back to the store, return the phone, and re-purchase it with Edge in HIS name.

He did this.

However, months later, his Edge is still showing up on my bill. My bill should be about $50 per month, but it has been about $100.  Every month, for months, I have had to call Verizon to “figure this out”. Last month the customer service rep told me that it takes about 2 months for the credit to be established or the Edge, or letter of approval or authorization or something like that which I can't remember. They said it was close to being complete and our accounts would be separate and he would be completely off my account once and for all. They said they were writing extensive notes and it wouldn't happen again.

Well, my latest bill still has his Edge on it. Last night I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours. I eventually asked to speak with a manager. After a half hour, he said he would need to figure it out and he would call me back. He never did.

I think they think it has something to do with the timing: the slow credit authorization may have happened after he purchased the phone with Edge.

I am beyond frustrated. I don’t understand why this is taking so long, and no one - NO ONE - knows what to do.

This morning he called Verizon and they said they are processing an “Edge Escalation Form” that should remove Edge from my account.

I remain a skeptic. All along different customer service reps have been telling us different things.

All I want is this: for his name to be removed from my account once and for all, no more calls to Verizon, no more being billed for someone else.

I feel I deserve like some sort of compensation for the hours upon hours I have spent trying to solve this, not to mention emotional turmoil at the dissolution of a relationship that Verizon made absolutely worse beyond imagine.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Complaint- getting billed for ex's Edge

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Verizon did not make this worse, your ex did. If you feel you should get compensation for the "hours upon hours" of your time, ask your ex for it.

lorirobn wrote:

The first problem was that even though he had been a Verizon Wireless customer before our family plan, Verizon made him start over as if he were a brand new customer and go through a credit check to open a "new" account.  Then, this was complicated by the fact that he has additional security on his credit status (this took hours and phone calls to figure out). He had to go through his credit company, for a fee, and this took awhile to process.

Only ONE person on an account is a Verizon customer. If the account was in your name, your ex was not a Verizon customer. When opening a NEW account, he is a NEW customer. He may have been a customer back in October prior to joining your accounts, but after combining accounts only one of you was the Verizon customer.

lorirobn wrote:

In the meantime, he purchased a Verizon 6 Plus phone at the Verizon store, and opened an Edge account.

Turns out that Edge account went on MY account. Somehow he was listed as "account manager" on my account. I'm not sure how that happened but I don't remember ever authorizing this. And apparently his $1000 “loan” or whatever Edge is went under my name, no authorization needed because he was “account manager” on my account.

When making an Edge purchase, Verizon simply attaches the Edge plan to the number the phone is going to. If the Edge plan is in your name, then your ex had not yet changed his number over to his own account. No account, no Edge plan on that account.

Once the Edge plan is on your account, Verizon WILL NOT allow the number to be transferred to another account until the phone is fully paid off. You can only return the phone and cancel out the Edge plan IF it was returned within 14 days. Did you catch this mistake within the 14 day period? If not, you will not be able to cancel out the Edge plan on your account without paying the Edge balance in full.

Most Edge payments will max out at a little above $30, so I don't understand how the Edge payment can increase your monthly bill by $50. On top of that, since you just combined your accounts last October you MUST be on a More Everything plan and receiving the Edge discount along with the Edge payment. It sounds more like you are still paying for your ex's line. I suspect this to be true since the Edge plan is in your name and therefore cannot be transferred to another person.

Of course you should be able to determine this simply by looking at your detailed bill.

0 Me gusta