cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Charged for returned phones and is now in collections! RUN away from Verizon and switch to AT&T

I am a current customer. However, a month or so prior to becoming a Verizon customer, my husband and I looked into switching from AT&T to Verizon. He moved forward with it and right before the phones came in, we found out we couldn't get out of our contract with AT&T at the time. So we called and were instructed to return the phones to a local store.

We took the phones to that location, within the 14 day return period, unopened still in plastic, and never activated. We didn't even set up a pin.

A couple of months later, we were out of the AT&T contract, and signed up again, but in my name because they still showed a balance owed in my husbands name. We were assured that his balance would be updated to zero shortly.

A month goes by, I called in to check and make sure his balance showed zero, the lady told me it was closed out and nothing was owed.

Here comes the crazy part. We went to check our credit for a loan and find a COLLECTION on his account for $1348!!!

So, I called in and they confirmed they received the phones, but not within the 14 days. I explained to them that we DID take them to the store within 14 days and that it must have been the store not taking it to the warehouse. They told me I would need to go into the store (over a year later) and get them to give me a receipt with the date. Information I doubt they have, but ok.

So I drive 2 hours (because I moved) to the store to find they are closed due to COVID. I call corporate back and they basically tell me there is nothing they can do and are extremely rude!

At this point, I'm ready to let my contract run out (which is very soon) and switch back to AT&T. I was NEVER treated like this at AT&T!

Has anyone out there dealt with this? I've disputed it several times but somehow, Verizon thinks they don't have enough money and need to charge WORKING PEOPLE FOR PHONES THEY GOT BACK AND PROBABLY RE-SOLD!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Charged for returned phones and is now in collections! RUN away from Verizon and switch to AT&T

You can't blame Verizon for not checking up with AT&T first about previous obligations. The first step to switch carriers is doing pre checks.

You can blame Verizon for the poor way the return was handled. Without proper documentation, all Verizon's systems see are phones that are gone and never paid for. I'm shocked proper investigation wasn't done. Even if you didn't have services yet, your husband would have been a le to have account found by SSN. This would also pull up the DPP and IMEI to confirm if those phones were resold to someone else.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Charged for returned phones and is now in collections! RUN away from Verizon and switch to AT&T

Miembro

MY  new phone is missing in delivery and FED -ex and YOU refuse to honor your delivery tracking info !  WOW   ... Clearly you have the virus to assume its ok to steal from me  ...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

YES  this company is a rip off , infuriating and worse ! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Charged for returned phones and...

Asistencia al cliente

We're sorry to hear about so much trouble occurring with the account in your husband's name. We will be happy to look into the matter for you. Please reply to our private note, and we'll be happy to see what we can do. EricW_VZW

0 Likes