cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Charge for a service that is not supported by the plan

ARVD
Miembro

I receive a voice message "your current plan does not support long distance or international calls..." when I try to call a UK or any other country's number.

The current bill have charges $128 against Long distance calls. I wanted to complain on this and take this to the highest level possible.

1. Why shall this charge be made to the bill when the plan itself does not support calling other countries?

2. I am new to Verizon service and was not aware that the calls to Canada which also starts with +1 falls under long distance calls. If the other countries calls are blocked which is not supported by my plan, why not was this calls to Canada blocked?

3. When I looked my call/message details online the airtime/charge for the Canada calls is displayed as "--" If such misleading information are provided to the user, why the user be charged for missing information to the user and the system which didn't block the long distance calls.

Will justice be provided

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Charge for a service that is not supported by the plan

lewisr13
Leader

Did you read the service contract you agreed to?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arvd, I want to welcome you to our network and apologize for the frustration with making international long distance calls. Let me address your concerns. To make international long distance calls, it's not based on the plan that you are on as you have freedom to make international calls if you desire and international dialing is on your line. This is how you would be charged for the calls when they are made to another country. Did you receive any details about your plan to show that international long distabnce was not part of your plan? Also, not all countrys are blocked from calling internationally and it depends where you are trying to call. We offer add on features to make calls to reduce the cost to call internationally and here's a link to help http://tiny.cc/inp43x . I will be sending you a private message to address your concerns related to the charges.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

Regardless of what carrier you were with before Verizon, you are aware that Canada is NOT part of the United States of America, right?  The reason you can still call Canadian numbers is because they have the same ten-digit phone number system as the U.S., so you can call those numbers without a country code.  While that is confusing (seeing as how you don't need international dialing enabled to call Canada), you must still understand that Canada is not the U.S.  You are responsible for checking your options when you are going to make calls to another country.  Good luck getting the "justice" you seek.  Justice in this case, in my humble opinion, is you paying your bill and ceasing calls to Canada, or adding a Canada calling plan. 

0 Me gusta

ARVD
Miembro

I am new to US less than a month with my prior carrier before i ported to verizon, I was with my previous carrier who does not separate US & Canada calls. System cannot be choosy to block calls dialed to other countries and allow only the canada calls which happen to be on the long distance list. I cannot go and try dialing each and every countries number and check if the system allows call pay as you go to each country. Do you think if you phone says your plan does not support calls to other states and do you think you are going to call each and every state in united states to check if it allows or not? If it allows a certain state what would you understand from it?

Users misdirected by a specific message that talks about the plan and type of call and getting charged at the back door can never be taken justified.

0 Me gusta