cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Carryover Data and Safety Mode Clarification Needed

Novice

Please clarify this feature of The New Verizon Plan.  While on the 8 GB plan I understand that the previous months unused data allowance becomes available, but if I enable Safety Mode when does the data throttling kick in??  After my 8 GB or after I have used my 8 GB and my carryover data??  If it happens after the 8 GB that would mean rollover data is at a slower speed.  I may as well save the extra charge for Safety Mode.  Thoughts anyone?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Carryover Data and Safety Mode Clarification Needed

Community Manager
Community Manager

I do apologize for the confusion! With The New Verizon Plan, the order data is used in is: Bonus Data, Monthly Data Allowance, Carryover Data, Data Boost and then any Data Gifts.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The safety mode FAQ state that

"Una vez que aceptas participar, Safety Mode se activa automáticamente cualquier mes que te quedes sin datos. No se te cobrarán cargos por exceso de uso a menos que desactives Safety Mode."

Since you don't "run out of data" until you use up your monthly allowance AND carry over data, it would lead me to believe that Safety Mode kicks in after you use up your carry over data if any is available.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

carryover data is at full speed.  Safety mode only kicks in after all your bonus data, then plan data, then carryover data is used.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Klschade, my community friends here are definitely right.I do want to make sure we completely cover each point of your concern.

Carryover data- any data not used by the end of your billing cycle. It goes into the next cycle to give you more data. It does not carry over more than one cycle in order to "stack". You use your plan's data first, bonus data (if available) then your carryover data.

Safety Mode- a safety feature that keeps you from accruing overages once you are out of data. Once your data plan has been completely used it allows you to use data at reduced speeds. Your plan's data is not throttled at all. This $5.00 feature is awesome compared to $15.00 overages or having to turn your data off completely.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@MarcusS_VZW I thought bonus data is used first before plan data

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Weth wrote:

@MarcusS_VZW I thought bonus data is used first before plan data

It sounds logical from a Verizon standpoint that your plan data would be used first so that you would be less likely to have any carry-over data.

Bad form on Verizon's part ESPECIALLY when Verizon had in the past used bonus data before plan data. That was what was used first when I last had bonus data a couple of years ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I do apologize for the confusion! With The New Verizon Plan, the order data is used in is: Bonus Data, Monthly Data Allowance, Carryover Data, Data Boost and then any Data Gifts.

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

HarleyE_VZW

this sounds much more customer friendly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

This is incorrect, I just used my full amount of data and my plan shows that I have 13 of 20gb of carryover data leftover.  However it entered me into saftey mode and would not let me disable it.  I had to purchase another 20gb of data to even get out of saftey mode and now it is burning my 20 that I just purchased before my carry over data from last month.

If this is incorrect as you say here what can be done to correct my problem?

Gracias,

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Kwaz911 wrote:

I had to purchase another 20gb of data to even get out of saftey mode and now it is burning my 20 that I just purchased before my carry over data from last month.

If you just purchased another 20 GB of data, I would be interested on how you did so. Did you purchase another 20 GB of data at the overage price of $15/GB for a cost of $300 for the additional data or did you increase your data allowance from 20 GB to 40 GB backdated to the beginning of your current billing cycle?

0 Likes