cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Canceled account and returned device but still recieving emails about account?

Miembro

Hello!

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on the November 23rd, 2017. After some complications, I decided to return the device and cancel my service and did so on November 25th, 2017. When I returned the device we went through the process of canceling my service as well and their system said my service had been canceled. However, now I am receiving emails in reference to that account. I recieved two on November 29th, 2017 that said my account information had been updated and thanked me for 'activating my account'. The one I received today (December 1st, 2017) wanted to help me set up the Galaxy Note 8.

When I call 1 800 922 0204 it tells me that they have received my returned equipment/devices.

So... I'm confused. Is my account/service canceled or not? I don't want to be charged monthly for a service I'm not going to be using on a phone I no longer own. If my service/account is canceled, why am I receiving emails about it still?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Canceled account and returned device but still recieving emails about account?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear we lost your business Syan. Let's look into this account. Please respond to the private message we are sending.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Canceled account and returned device but still recieving emails about account?

It does sound like your account is canceled based on your description of the process where they canceled your line in the system when the device was returned.

The email notifications are automatically sent from the system at specific intervals, after changes or when bills are generated.

Notification regarding account information being updated on the 29th was likely due to your bill being generated for the 3 days prior to the return/cancellation. Once the balance is paid the notifications will automatically stop

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

deloused​  Why do I have a balance at all, if I returned the device and canceled the account before any of this happened? Just curious. I was told I wouldn't owe anything (other than a restocking fee, which I paid) if I returned the device and canceled the service within the 14-day period I am allowed to do so in. Is this simply untrue?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, the activation fee shouldn’t apply to you due to cancellation within 3 days, and you’re refunded for the device purchase minus the restocking fee due to returning it during the 14 day period, other than that the bill would just be for the 3 days worth of plan charges from the purchase date until account cancellation:

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

"You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date."

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Since Joel never got back to me, I'll be visiting a Verizon store in person today to figure out what on earth is going on. When I called the 1 800 922 0204 number it says that I'm still under contract. For a phone I no longer own. A phone that I returned and should no longer be under contract.

So, hopefully a Verizon store rep can help me out.

This is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Issue resolved.

Took going to two different Verizon stores, waiting a stupid amount of time on the phone, getting frustrated and going to BestBuy and asking them to help us out to make sure the account had been canceled for certain. Which it is. And now the number is deactivated. So, hooray.

Also, deloused​ you are correct. I will need to pay some fees. Thankfully not the $119 that it was saying before, though.

0 Likes