cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Cancel Service and Move to Different provider

crazydoglady1
Miembro

I am looking to switch service providers and take my phone numbers with me. I have one phone that we were paying for monthly and I paid that off early. Can I cancel and take that number without a cancellation fee? 

Also, if I cancel after the new billing cycle begins, will the next bill be pro-rated?

0 Me gusta

Re: Cancel Service and Move to Different provider

Ann154
Expert

To move your phone number to another carrier, you need to port your number to that carrier. You start the port process at the new carrier. The port itself will cancel your account with Verizon Wireless. If you cancel service before porting your number, you will lose the number. 

You will only have cancelation charges if you are under contract or you have a remaining balance on a device payment agreement. Those are due in full in the final bill received after you port the number or cancel the account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Cancel Service and Move to Different provider

Ann154
Expert

Verizon Wireless doesn't pro-rate the billing cycle if you leave in the middle of the billing cycle. It is all noted in the Customer Agreement. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta