cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can't upgrade my phone. Period.

Anduril
Miembro

Today the Nexus 6 landed on Verizon. And I was due for an upgrade so I wanted to go ahead and go for it.

Now I've been due for an upgrade since January of this year and would have already taken it, but my wife was really unhappy with her phone and needed the upgrade more. So I said sure, take it. But she waited till early March to upgrade, but no problem since now both our phones were due for an upgrade. So she upgraded just this month.

And I would have done so at the same time but then I saw the Nexus 6 was due to land on Verizon soon so I figured I'd wait some more. Well now, lo and behold the day arrives. I go in to upgrade and spent a good 10 minutes waiting for a rep to come talk to me (funny how they're always there when I don't need them, now when I do they're busy). But hey I was getting an upgrade! Well after way too much time trying to get me to move to Edge, and even more time trying to convince me to buy a bunch of over priced accessories, to which I declined, they were finally going to just upgrade my phone.

But then they told me there was a problem; my wife had already changed our plan when she upgraded. And because of that they couldn't upgrade me till the billing cycle ends next month. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm there. I'm ready to lay down cash. And they won't even take it? What a crock! So now I sit here. I can't do anything. I've even tried going to various websites to upgrade my plan but they block me as well saying I'm not due for an upgrade, even though I've been more than due for a couple of months now. How is this efficient in any way shape or form? How is it that Verizon 7 years ago could have done this but Verizon today is utterly incompetent? That's right, Verizon 7 years ago could have beat today's Verizon in a heartbeat. Heck, if I'd upgraded in January I could have even paid $30 for the activation fee instead of the $40 it got changed to recently. (Oh but they'll waive the fee if you upgrade to Edge of coarse. They might even upgrade me today if I was going to go on Edge, but no Edge? No dice).

So needless to say I'm one unhappy customer. I'm so unhappy I would rather go to literally any other carrier now if I could. It would cost much more to do it that way now that my wife just signed up for two more years, and I would have to go on a pricier single plan anywhere I went. But I would almost be worth just getting out from under Verizon at this point. Over the years I've felt kind of gypped as they took away free upgrades, and started charging exorbitant activation fees instead; they started charging more and more; they took away unlimited data and made me use LTE (so fast it will blow through your new data caps even faster!), they charged me extra for stuff I didn't need (looking at you Verizon Cloud). I've stayed on Verizon through all of this, even as customer service started feeling more hostile as well. But now I'm so fed up with Verizon I'm not even sure I want to be a customer any more.

And what will Verizon do to win me back? Make me upgrade to Edge and wait another month. Thanks Verizon! For showing me how customer unfriendly you've really become!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Can't upgrade my phone. Period.

ynggrsshppr91

Have fun at your new carrier

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

If you had upgraded in January you would be using your upgrade.  Since you transferred your upgrade, your line is on a 2 year contract again.  You now have to use your wife's upgrade which I gather is available in April.

I repeat...your line is under a 2 year contract and subject to early termination fee if you port your number out. 

You you and the wife need to decide how you want to handle upgrades in the future.

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

If it's an "authorized retailer" they might be hitting a "pending order" block. Which means the changes your wife made haven't cleared the account and won't until the end of the bill cycle. CCorporate stores might have the same issue...I had this problem with a "premium retailer" a feit would beyears ago. They told me to cancel the first order (my husband ordered a phone online) and do the whole shebang with them instead. This, of course, would give them the commission on both upgrades. I called customer service and upgraded my line without changing my husband's order. Had I cancelled his, I learned from the phone rep, I would have paid $100 more for his phone since he was getting a discount for the online order as well as a sale price that was no longer available.  But that salesperson in the store wasn't concerned about that.

If this is the case, try calling in. It can't hurt. If you are POSITIVE you do indeed have an upgrade available, and don't want to use Edge, don't.  You don't have to do that, but you might have to wait till your next bill cycle for the contract upgrade. I know that still stinks, but it would be a solution,  albeit a compromised one.

tom228
Miembro

Does anyone know a way to "buy" a from from somewhere else and have it take over your verizon number?  Hate not being able to get an early upgrade from these jerks. 

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

Sprint does offer to pay your ETF(s), but you have to pay it first, then provide proof that you did so, then wait for a gift card from Sprint (and actually for any of the carriers offering to pay ETF s). That takes at least two months.

You can buy a phone elsewhere, but it has to be either unlocked with CDMA capability,  or a Verizon phone.  Just be sure to check that the ESN of the phone you want to buy is clear, not reported stolen.  I recently purchased a new phone for my son from eBay,  a brand new basic phone for $20. No issues at all with it..I am glad I did it that way because he liked his old phone but it is no longer available.  I didn't want to get him some piece of junk he hated, so this was the best option.

Other carriers will require you to fulfill your contracts,  too. Say you do switch.  Wouldn't be fair to let a customer of only two years or less get the benefit of an early upgrade from Sprint when you want an early upgrade next time, while long time, loyal, bill paying customers are forced to honor their commitment,  would it? Food for thought.

tom228
Miembro

Thanks much flutterfly8497.  I'm stopping by the sprint store later today.  I may just let my contacts expire and one by one port the numbers over to sprint.  They have convincing advertisements, like "cut your verizon bill in half."  Not sure who wouldn't want that other than a verizon employee.

Cell Phones, Mobile Devices & Plans from Sprint

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

If your wife changed your plan to go from a higher to a lower data plan it would have to be future dated thus not completing until the first day of thinnest billing cycle. This locks the account from any other changes until it is done. Now, a smart rep (at a corporate store) would be able to cancel this pending transaction, upgrade your device then make the future dated change. I can tell you why they didn't. Verizon sales reps work on commission. When you are only buying a phone they don't make any money. This means that the whole transaction they did for you they did for free. It is not the rep's fault. It is VZW's and how they pay them. You can't say that you would take an hour with a customer to do something that you don't get paid for. I don't know anyone who would go to their job and work for free. Now if you were to go on Edge or buy accessories or both it would have been completed. Simple is to call customer service, have them cancel the pending transaction and either upgrade online or have them send you the phone.

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

There are many places (other than Verizon stores) to buy phones if you are willing to look. You can go to eBay, swappa,  widely...the list goes on. I paid $20 for a brand new phone for my son because he loved his old phone but had to replace it. It was actually brand spanking new,  all protective films on and appeared to never have been taken out of the box even. I wish I had bought three more, so I wouldn't have to search again when his new one craps out in a couple of years. 

You asked a question and Ynggrsshppr91 answered it. No need to attack others and make accustations of others being sneaky and dishonest simply because they answered a question quickly and accurately. I'm not an employee, either. It might be suspected that you are a Sprint employee sent undercover to this forum to inflame customers' frustrations, and recruit unhappy customers to switch to Sprint.  No, that is an absurdly paranoid idea. Isn't it?

flutterfly8497

I believe Sprint will only cut the data portion of your Verizon plan in half, and you have to turn in your Verizon phone and buy a Sprint one either in installments (like Verizon's edge) or full price. So to get that Sprint deal you forfeit to discounted phone, and pay $400-$1000 for your phone. It essentially comes out to the same pricing in the end.