cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Can one access the My Verizon IOS App with a prepaid account????

Miembro

I have gone from postpaid to prepaid.  IT IS A NIGHTMARE! I have been a Verizon customer for more than 10 years and I only went to prepaid because I don't need a new phone and I can get 2 gig for $45.  I would have gladly signed a new 2 year contract if I could get 2 gig for $45.  I want to know if I can use the My Verizon App on my Iphone with my newly created Prepaid account.  i have successfully set up a My Verizon Prepaid login and password that I can access on my computer. I have called the local retail store twice and talked to 3 different folks on the Prepaid 800 number.  I keep getting conflicting answers on whether or not the My Verizon IOS App works with Prepaid.  HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can one access the My Verizon IOS App with a prepaid account????

Líder Sénior

Download the app and try it out.  It's free to try and free to use.  My Verizon Mobile on the App Store on iTunes

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have.  I have been a POSTPAID Iphone 5 user for 2 years.  I have been using the My Verizon app for 2 years.  I have set up a new login and password for Prepaid because apparently Verizon has a different back end system for prepaid and postpaid.

It has been a CUSTOMER SERVICE NIGHTMARE going from Postpaid to Prepaid.  Verizon hasn't had any trouble running my credit card though.  And I can't even get a straight answer on them about whether or not I am do prorated refund on my last POSTPAID payment.

New mantra in America -- GIVE US YOUR MONEY.  And don't sue us.  And if it is your lucky day, you may even get what you paid for.  And don't expect to talk to a caring human anymore, as everyone hides behind a computer screen and can only provide scripted answers that fit tidily into our database.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You missed my point.  You might have used the app on postpaid, but have you TRIED it on prepaid?  You don't say that you have or have not, only that you did on postpay.

Highlighted

Miembro

Yes, of course. I never would have posted if I hadn't.  I even uninstalled the App and reinstalled it.

When I try to log in, I get the following error: "ALERT unable to process your request.  Inténtalo otra vez.

One frustrating aspect, is I have talked to 3 different PREPAID folks on the phone and I have called my local Verizon Store twice twice.  And none of those folks are clear on if this should work.  And the Prepaid customer service folks on the phone can't even test it, because the PREPAID customer service reps have POSTPAID Verizon accounts!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The My Verizon Data Usage widget is not available on Prepaid. Use My Verizon Mobile App to view your usage.

This is from:

My Verizon Mobile on the App Store on iTunes

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

The My Verizon Mobile App won't open.  Please see post 4.  I get an error message.  I suspect there is some sort of internal SNAFU in Verizon's system when one to convert a postpaid number to a prepaid.  The folks at the store conform this vaguely, but since they are really only interested in selling POSTPAID they either don't know much about PREPAID or are reluctant to talk about.

It has become apparent to me, that Verizon isn't interested in providing customer service to their PREPAID customers as their POSTPAID.  I am not asking for any sort of additional features such as the NFL app.  All I want to be able to do is access the My Verizon App on my Ipad and Iphone like I was able to do while being a POSTPAID customer.

And once again, I would gladly sign a 2 year POSTPAID if I could get anywhere near the data I could get with PREPAID.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Well, I know that when I decided that post pay prices were too high I had gone to a loyalty plan of $50 for 1GB and $60 for 2GB.  I remained postpaid.  There is a lot to say about the differences between pre and post.  Prepay is for people who just want to use a phone, no frills, less support, longer wait times, fewer options for service, issues, and app support and have no warranty on their devices and just want to go automatic payment or cannot afford to go the postpay route.  Basically, when you go prepaid, you're a lone wolf.    I have a prepaid account, not with Verizon, but I knew these things going into this prepaid world.  That's why Prepaid is cheaper...less support and fewer frills.

As far as getting the app to work, you might just have to use the webpage version instead. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hmmm.  I just tried to use the My Verizon app on my Iphone (before I only tried Ipad) and I get a different error message.  The error I get on my Iphone says something about unable to display prepaid account information at this time and redirects me to the website or to the unbelievably complex phone menu system from hell *611.

Perhaps there is a system problem on Verizon's end.  I will wait and see...

Snn5, are you a Verizon employee????

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I asked you if you had tried the app on your phone.  You said yes.  You didn't say anything about accessing My Verizon from your iPad.

No, I am not an employee.

0 Likes