cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can Verizon rework its rewards system to actually enable us to purchase things with our points instead of just buying "discounts" with them?

KEVWHE67
Miembro

The current type of discounts available for purchase here are easily found on the internet for free, so wasting points on them just ends up building my points balance as there's nothing worth my time to try to get. Either items you can buy with points only, gift cards for points only, or trips for points only. None of this "5,000,000 points for five dollars off $100 purchase" nonsense.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Can Verizon rework its rewards system to actually enable us to purchase things with our points instead of just buying "discounts" with them?

sprmankalel
Leader

The program is free. It costs nothing to join. You get an extreme amount of points every month at the end of your bill cycle and you get some sort of discount by using those points. If you were able to use points to buy stuff without paying cash then you would get very few points at the end of the month. Then you would complain that it takes too long to save enough points to get stuff. Essentially, you're asking for something for free. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Re: Can Verizon rework its rewards system to actually enable us to purchase things with our points instead of just buying "discounts" with them?

KEVWHE67
Miembro

Don't presume to know what I would and would not like. The latter situation would be much preferred as at least you'd get something out of it, even if you have to save for a while. Right now this abundance of points for useless discounts (most of which are standard discounts available to anyone who signs up for an email list or what have you) is hardly rewarding at all. If we're going to get any points at all for paying on time, staying with the company for x amount of time, then please. Make the rewards actual rewards or allow us to use them as a percentage off of our monthly rate or something. As it is now there is no real reason to spend my absurd amount of points on anything. I'd rather have no rewards system and just a "Thank you for being a good customer, here's five dollars off one month" instead of this missed opportunity.

0 Me gusta

pherson
Leader

YYou could always ignore the points and pretend they don't exist. But rewards are a perk. They don't have to exist. And your peer that answered before, does not get paid to do so. No need to be rude.

BMG4ME
Novice

The rewards program for FiOS has much better rewards. It's interesting how two programs with similar names both run by Verizon can be so different.

0 Me gusta

BMG4ME
Novice

Nobody needs to get told off for asking a question either.

pherson
Leader

Not told off, but sternly told to stay in their lane. Far too often people make posts, don't like what they hear, and they try to tell the person who tried to help them off.

KEVWHE67
Miembro

Not telling him off when he basically said "nothing will make you happy, don't be entitled" which is not at all what I was asking about. Right now rewards is useless/waste of their time and mine. Coca cola does rewards better. Either get rid of it entirely, as the majority of the items are as I mentioned above (re: pointless "discounts" and/or coupons for % off knockoff brands), or rework it to be far fewer points and prizes people actually might want and so would do whatever they could to earn more points to get the prize they want. Enroll in auto pay? Points. Pay on time? Points. Upgrade phone/service? Points.

All I did was call him out for insulting me by assuming my intentions for getting something for nothing. I'd be just fine without any rewards, but to see a flawed system that I and many others don't find worthwhile (and a waste of the company's money to run it)  continue without any discussion as to an alternative option was ridiculous. I can only hope Verizon is already aware of this issue and is working to fix it when they can.

0 Me gusta

BMG4ME
Novice

You had every right to ask your question without getting criticized for doing so and your response would have been fine without the first sentence. I am not a moderator or employee, just a fellow community member that likes to see people get along.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

pherson wrote:

YYou could always ignore the points and pretend they don't exist.

Absolutely, if you don't sign up or don't use them it is the same as if they didn't exist. I signed up, saw what they were, which is basically worthless and a waste of time, and have not been back since. Personally I don't see why people get so worked up over it. If they don't like it, simply ignore it. Verizon has the right to organize their point system however they see fit. Verizon customers have the right to either use it or not use it. Smiley Happy