cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Can My Stolen iPhone Be Used on a New Carrier?

mlwashing
Miembro

My iphone was stolen recently. The phone was powered off soon after stealing it so I couldn't use the track my phone function. Can that phone be used again if taken to carrier to activate or get a new sim card?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: stolen iphone 7

Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! I just recently had this happen to me at a Chicago Bulls game. The number one thing you want to do in this situation is call us to have the phone added to the lost/stolen list. That will flag the device and no carrier will activate it. Have you dialed *611 to have it added?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Salisbury

Hi mlwashing, my iPhone 6s plus was stolen several weeks ago. Let me give you the turn of events in how I got my iPhone back, don't know if will help you or not?

When my iPhone was stolen I went to iCloud - Find iPhone and it kept showing phone was off. The next day in iCloud I clicked on Contacts. All my contacts were gone and an entire list of new ones had been created, of people I didn't even know. Like dad & moms number and all their friends, the iPhone was also renamed to Deb's iPhone and her number. I wrote down all the numbers and gave it to the police. The police informed her to drop the iPhone off at the police station or they'd issue a warrant for her arrest and pick her up.

I got the iPhone back with the Sim Card missing. So this person had been able to put a Sim Card in and start using the iPhone. But all the information on the iPhone was still loading up to my iCloud account.

So yes your stolen iPhone 7 could be being used. So check the Contacts in iCloud. And possibly some others here may have more info and actions you may need to take.

regards Salisbury

Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! I just recently had this happen to me at a Chicago Bulls game. The number one thing you want to do in this situation is call us to have the phone added to the lost/stolen list. That will flag the device and no carrier will activate it. Have you dialed *611 to have it added?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta