cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Can I read text messages on my kid's phone?

aebusse
Miembro

I am the account owner and would like to read text messages on my kids phone.  Is there a way to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: reading text messages on my kids phone

bd94s10

SuzyQ pretty much nailed it. You could set the devices up to sync Verizon Messages aka Messages+ to a computer.. but on an iPhone you have to turn off iMessage and a child would surely notice this and toggle it back on. Although I had my # sync'd with Messages+ and I signed into the web the other day and I recalled seeing a lot of my messages including some I didn't think would have sync'd.

If you setup FamilyBase it will not allow you to read the message but will email you who their top contacts are etc. My wife and I have this setup on my son's phone.. which also allows us to limit how much data he uses.

Mensajes - Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

FamilyBase - FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

Hope this helps somewhat.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

One way (and the only sure way) - take the phone and read them directly  on the phone periodically.  Of course, that depends on the age of the kids and your relationship as to how that works out.  When my kids were teens and had phones, that was one of the "rules" - I had access to their phone whenever.

Verizon Messages will sync messages to a computer or tablet, but sends a confirmation code to the phone before the sync will begin.  And it only works with standard texts, not iMessages, or other chat apps.  Those apps use data for messaging and you can't see that content other than on the phone itself.

Highlighted

bd94s10

SuzyQ pretty much nailed it. You could set the devices up to sync Verizon Messages aka Messages+ to a computer.. but on an iPhone you have to turn off iMessage and a child would surely notice this and toggle it back on. Although I had my # sync'd with Messages+ and I signed into the web the other day and I recalled seeing a lot of my messages including some I didn't think would have sync'd.

If you setup FamilyBase it will not allow you to read the message but will email you who their top contacts are etc. My wife and I have this setup on my son's phone.. which also allows us to limit how much data he uses.

Mensajes - Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

FamilyBase - FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

Hope this helps somewhat.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

aebusse We understand the importance of managing your account. Are you trying to view the time and date these messages were sent? Do you currently have Family Base?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta