cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Can I move a family plan line to an individual plan and keep an employee discount?

Miembro

I've tried to find this answer via search but it seems everyone's scenario is a bit different, so I'm asking here in hope's a kind soul can give me a good answer.

We have a 3 line family plan currently that is being discounted via my employer. My wife is leaving me, which means I need to break out to a single line and no longer be a part of that family plan (she'll continue to pay for her line and her father's). Issues I'm curious on:

• I want to keep my number. Can I?
  • Will the current family plan continue to get the discount? Will I be eligible to get my employer's discount on a new single line plan?
  • Will we be in violation of contract and have to pay ETFs if I move my line?
  • Any other unforeseen issues with trying to do this?

Thanks very, very much for trying to help me in this tough time.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Need to move 1 (out 3) family plan lines to an individual plan with employer discount intact

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, SaintBreesy09! I'm very sorry to hear of the changes in your personal life. May these adjustments lead to happier days for all involved!

Thanks for reaching out about you account needs. I have answers to all of the questions you've posted!

1. Yes, you can keep your current number. The way I read your post, the account you have now appears to be in your name. Therefore, you can create a second bill level whereby the bills from the original bill level (account number ending in -00001) would continue to go to the original billing address, while your line goes to the second level (account number ending in -00001). Both bill levels would remain in your name, and you have the option to continue getting your employee discount (can't be confirmed until we see what the terms are for your specific discount agreement). If you don't own the current account, you can move your line to a new or existing account via a process called Assumption of Liability. Details on that are here: http://vz.to/1aqrvX0
2. Yes, the discount may continue as long as the account ownership doesn't change, and as long as the agreement between Verizon Wireless and the employer remains in effect.
3. No violation. No ETF. As long as all lines remain with Verizon Wireless, you're golden!
4. The only possible issues you may encounter are monthly service charges. With all lines sharing the plan now, that's possibly lower than it would be to separate them. It really depends on the plan you have now. I recommend reviewing the plan itself. If you need help with that, you can call Customer Care at 800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm daily, or I can help you directly.

To reach me, just accept my follow request and then follow my handle (DionM_VZW). Instructions for following are here: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Need to move 1 (out 3) family plan lines to an individual plan with employer discount intact

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, SaintBreesy09! I'm very sorry to hear of the changes in your personal life. May these adjustments lead to happier days for all involved!

Thanks for reaching out about you account needs. I have answers to all of the questions you've posted!

1. Yes, you can keep your current number. The way I read your post, the account you have now appears to be in your name. Therefore, you can create a second bill level whereby the bills from the original bill level (account number ending in -00001) would continue to go to the original billing address, while your line goes to the second level (account number ending in -00001). Both bill levels would remain in your name, and you have the option to continue getting your employee discount (can't be confirmed until we see what the terms are for your specific discount agreement). If you don't own the current account, you can move your line to a new or existing account via a process called Assumption of Liability. Details on that are here: http://vz.to/1aqrvX0
2. Yes, the discount may continue as long as the account ownership doesn't change, and as long as the agreement between Verizon Wireless and the employer remains in effect.
3. No violation. No ETF. As long as all lines remain with Verizon Wireless, you're golden!
4. The only possible issues you may encounter are monthly service charges. With all lines sharing the plan now, that's possibly lower than it would be to separate them. It really depends on the plan you have now. I recommend reviewing the plan itself. If you need help with that, you can call Customer Care at 800-922-0204 from 6am to 11pm daily, or I can help you directly.

To reach me, just accept my follow request and then follow my handle (DionM_VZW). Instructions for following are here: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes