cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I get a subsidized device and receive bonus data?

MikeInGBG
Miembro

I have a Nationwide Talk 700 plan with 5 phones.   Three iPhones, one of which is grandfathered in with unlimited data, and two flip phones.  Two of the iPhones are eligible for upgrade and both qualify for a $200 subsidy credit.  Verizon recently jacked our data price to an unreasonable level.  I'm looking at switching to the Verizon Plan at the 12GB level and want to get the extra 2GB for the two iPhones I'm upgrading.  Is there a way to upgrade the phones, get the $200 subsidy AND get the 2GB bonus?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (4)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Upgrade question

Weth
Líder Sénior

The subsidy is only if you stay on Nationwide and get a 2 year contract.  There is no plan contracts with Verizon plan. You pay for the phone over 24 months. You must upgrade while on the Verizon XL 12GB plan in order to get the extra 2GB, so you can't upgrade first then switch. 

Additionally getting the $200 subsidy would actually end up costing you more!  If you could do that or try it and Lise the 2 GB your access fee for the lines that got a subsidy would be $40 instead of $20 for 24 months.  You would end up paying $480 to save $200. 

So the simple answer to your question is no.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Re: Upgrade question

Weth
Líder Sénior

The subsidy is only if you stay on Nationwide and get a 2 year contract.  There is no plan contracts with Verizon plan. You pay for the phone over 24 months. You must upgrade while on the Verizon XL 12GB plan in order to get the extra 2GB, so you can't upgrade first then switch. 

Additionally getting the $200 subsidy would actually end up costing you more!  If you could do that or try it and Lise the 2 GB your access fee for the lines that got a subsidy would be $40 instead of $20 for 24 months.  You would end up paying $480 to save $200. 

So the simple answer to your question is no.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta