cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I get 3 smartphones and a basic phone on the device payment plan?

Jimmy21
Miembro

Ok I have plan with 2 iPhone 4S  and a flip phone  with 1gb shared data which verizon double to 2gb for free. Question is recently I saw the 4 smartphones for $160.  Can I do 3 smartphones and 1 flip phone still with the 2gb for around the same price. If not someone do the math for me please and tell me what I would pay please? Don't really understand the new edge plan. Thanks guys!

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: More everything question???

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimmy21,

We're happy to clarify Edge for you! As Mrniceguy stated, Edge allows you to get into a new phone as early as every 30 days as long as 50% of the full price of the phone is paid off. Edge breaks up the full retail price of a phone into 24 monthly payments, and each payment is then added onto your bill. The $160.00 is the price of the plan for our 10GB More Everything plan with 4 smart phones in combination with Edge.

A great example I like to give for pricing is with the new Galaxy S 5 that just came out. With Edge, that phone is $24.99 per month after the first payment is made. If you had the 10 GB More Everything plan with 4 Samsung Galaxy S 5 lines you'd be looking at $160.00 for the plan, plus about $100.00 for the phones (I'm rounding for simplicity). That comes to a total of $260.00 before tolls/taxes/surcharges.

You would not be under contract, and as long as you've had each phone for 30 days and paid off half of them you could Edge Up and get a new phone at any time. It's a great option for those who always want to have the latest and greatest phone!  All the details of Edge can be found here: http://vz.to/1eoSSHi

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

Edge is way for people to pay full price for a phone but over 24 months and allows them to up grade with 1 year. If you are on Edge you are no longer getting a subsidized price on your phone but you are no longer under contract either.

The $160 for 4 smartphone assumes a 10 GB data plan which each line receives a $25 discount. Since you have 2 GB data pan you are only eligible for a $10 per line discount. So the 3 smartphones would be $30 each and the basic phone would be $20 for a total of $110 a month. Then your data plan is $50 a month for 2 GB thus the total is $160 a month. For the $150 you could get the 10 GB plan with 3 smartphone and 1 basic phone. Of course you current plan only has 3 phones( at least that's all you mention ) and you can do 3 phones on Edge if that's all you need. 2 smartphones and 1 basic phone would be $130 on the 2 GB data plan. $135 if on the 10 GB data plan.

This does not however take into account cost of the phones. That can be anywhere from $10-$30 a month each for smartphones depending on which phone you get. Basic phones are between $6-$8 a month. You didn't mention which phones you were interested in.

0 Me gusta

Jimmy21
Miembro

I would upgrade to the iPhone 5 for 3 of them and the flip phone type(anything easy for my father in law) lol. So basically it will end up costing more by the time you add the extra payments for each phone a month just so I can upgrade faster right ? I am paying 160 then taxes equals about 182 a month for 3 phones(2 iPhones 1 flip) Just thought I could add another smartphone to the mix for the same price but wasn't sure how much extra it would cost with the edge plan

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jimmy21,

We're happy to clarify Edge for you! As Mrniceguy stated, Edge allows you to get into a new phone as early as every 30 days as long as 50% of the full price of the phone is paid off. Edge breaks up the full retail price of a phone into 24 monthly payments, and each payment is then added onto your bill. The $160.00 is the price of the plan for our 10GB More Everything plan with 4 smart phones in combination with Edge.

A great example I like to give for pricing is with the new Galaxy S 5 that just came out. With Edge, that phone is $24.99 per month after the first payment is made. If you had the 10 GB More Everything plan with 4 Samsung Galaxy S 5 lines you'd be looking at $160.00 for the plan, plus about $100.00 for the phones (I'm rounding for simplicity). That comes to a total of $260.00 before tolls/taxes/surcharges.

You would not be under contract, and as long as you've had each phone for 30 days and paid off half of them you could Edge Up and get a new phone at any time. It's a great option for those who always want to have the latest and greatest phone!  All the details of Edge can be found here: http://vz.to/1eoSSHi

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

Well if you only need 3 phones you can do only 3 phones. To add another smartphone to you current plan will add 40 plus taxes/fees anyway.

So for 2 iPhone 5s( I am assuming the 5s and not the 5c ) and a basic phone on the Edge plan with 10 GB data would be $135 plus $27 each for the IPhones and $8 at most for the basic phone and about $20-$25 in taxes/fees. So total maybe $220 a month total. If you went with just the 2 GB data plan it would be around $215. The iPhone 5c would be $5 a month less each. Of course there are phones cheaper than iPhones.

Also remember if you were eligible for discounted upgrades and went that route each iPhone would be $200 plus the $30 upgrade fee plus taxes. So $500 for 2 iPhones.

0 Me gusta