cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Can I bypass the new voice mail update?

Miembro

Verizon updated my voice mail and now it takes so long to hear my messages.  Before the update, Verizon voicemail would tell me how many new messages there were.  Now, it tells me # of new messages, and for each message, it spells out the number, the time called and length of each message. I really dislike this update and Verizon says there is not way to bypass it.  Anyone else having the same feelings or problems with this update?  Anyone found a solution?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Anyway to bypass new voice mail update

If you're still having problems disabling the voicemail envelope info (which is the date/time info it reads for each message), try doing the following:

Dial into *86 to get into your voicemail, and from the main menu, select the following options:

- 4 (Personal Options)

- 2 (Administrative Options)

- 1 (General Options)

- 4 (Message Review Options)

- 2 (Envelope Info)

Then disable the envelope info. Make sure you listen for each category's title before selecting it, as they can vary slightly be state, I believe. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Leader

This has been addressed in many other posts here on the community. You need to change the envelope setting while dialed in to your VM service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I appreciate your feedback about the changes being made to voice mail, WENMAH45. I certainly want to help you find a way to enjoy all the hard work we've been putting into the enhancements. There is a way to adjust your playback options within your voice mail as sprmankalel mentioned. After accessing your voice mail (by dialing *86 or your own number followed by the # to interrupt your greeting and enter your PIN), you can use the guide at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-voice-mail to find how to get to General Options based on your area. In General Options, you can edit your envelope information such as Autoplay and Call Back Number Prompting or Message Review Options, depending on where your number is based from. Does this help?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

To each their own. Personally I prefer hearing the envelope information before the message.

As the other community member has stated, you can turn it off under the preferences.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Leader

I prefer visual voicemail. I don't have to dial anything or listen to some automated voice that takes forever to tell me something.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you. I tried to reply on the Community page but couldn't find where to do this!! Anyway, I followed the instructions you suggested but I don't know what meaning of the General Options are!! What does " Call Back option mean? and Prompt Levels? amd Group Distribution? I don't know what to adjust because I don't know what each option means. Not user friendly.

Can you help me out please.

Wendy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you. I have a flip phone so I don't know if I have this feature. Will check.

Plus, couldn’t find where to reply to you on the Community Support page, can you point me to where that feature is? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

found the 'reply' feature.  I am working through my learning curve.  Gracias.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Voicemail Instructions | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you for replying but this information is not helpful. I have gone into the instructionslink but it does not show me how to bypass the voicemail prompts. As stated before I don't know what "Personal Operator" and "Prompt Level" do. There is nothing there to explain what those mean. I am having no success but thanks for trying to help

0 Likes