cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I add "Do not Port" to my account for security?

DiverBob
Miembro

Read an article in the Aug 22 Issue of Fortune on the topic of hacking bank accounts.  The story included a recommendation to put a "do not port" order on phone account (specifically named Verizon).  contacted Verizon service (security) and they stated that there was not a "do not port" function on their system.   Has anyone done this on Verizon or other service?  Any comments ?

Cheers,

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Do not Port -account security

deloused

It's not available for Verizon wireless accounts, but as long as you have a secure password on your account that only you know you won't have to worry about any porting being initiatiated (or other account changes) without you being aware.

Landline accounts do have options like that to prevent fraudulent switching due to the less secure way long distance providers are able to be changed.

0 Me gusta

Re: Do not Port -account security

deloused

It's not available for Verizon wireless accounts, but as long as you have a secure password on your account that only you know you won't have to worry about any porting being initiatiated (or other account changes) without you being aware.

Landline accounts do have options like that to prevent fraudulent switching due to the less secure way long distance providers are able to be changed.

0 Me gusta