cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I add lines to a 'grandfathered' 3GB Plan?

rieger65
Miembro

Our plan charges $45 for shared 3GB data, plus $20 per line.  Can we add 2 lines?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Can I add lines to a 'grandfathered' 3GB Plan?

Empleado de Verizon

This post has definitely left us pondering and I wanted to make sure we had the absolute correct answer. I was able to reach out to other peers for assistance and at this time, I have confirmed that you can in fact add new lines to the Grandfathered 3GB Plan.  However, the Smart-line Access Fee will be $40 with a $15 discount when purchasing a smartphone on a Device Payment Plan.

Happy Monday!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

Highlighted

lukevinyl

There shouldn't be an issue doing this with adding lines to this plan, though the promotional 50% off you are getting on the line access charge for the lines bringing them to $20 each (from $40) is not guaranteed and so you may have to pay the standard $40 line access charge.

Call customer service to add the line(s) and ask about that part as they may be able to give that promotion on the new lines as well, but it isn't a sure thing.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

rieger65-

Getting the best plan for your new lines is very important. When adding new lines of service, you would need to be on our newest plan. I would suggest contacting our Telesales team where we can review your plan in detail and help you find the best option for your lines at 888-924-7937.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Seriously!? Since when are customers required to switch plans to add new lines?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

lukevinyl

Yeah, I'm with you Ann. The OP should have no problem adding a line/lines....

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Empleado de Verizon

rieger65​, we always like to hear about new lines getting added and I know how important it is to receive all the right information prior to making any changes to your account. As CarmenT_vzw has mentioned, you will need to make a plan change to your existing plan because our systems will not allow any additional lines to get added to any grandfathered plans.  You can however have a Sub-Account created to your account if you wish to keep the 3GB plan on your line. 

yarelim_vzw

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

The FAQs for the More Everything Plan state otherwise. Existing customers with that plan CAN add new devices to the plan without changing their plans to the new Verizon Plans. The MORE Everything Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Empleado de Verizon

@Ann154, we always appreciate you helping out our customers and I understand how the FAQs may contradict what we have stated above. However, we are now working on getting the FAQs updated to reflect the correct information to inform our customers that they will be unable to add new lines of service to the grandfathered More Everything Plans.

yarelim_vzw

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Then you better prepare for more angry customer rants on this community forum and calls into customer service. As a customer, I can tell you that this won't go over well.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

lukevinyl, I understand exactly where you are coming from. However, certain plans have terms and conditions that directly state that adding a new line of service would require you to move to current pricing, as the discounted plan was only agreed to for the lines active on the account at that time.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta