cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Can I activate a device I bought from Wal Mart?

Our dog literally ate my daughter's phone last month.  Completely destroyed it.  It was a basic phone and it lasted for over 2-yr without issue.  I upgraded her phone with another basic phone (Walmart for $.01) and renewed our 2-yr contract.  Today, our dog decided to eat her new phone!!!  No accidental insurance.  ;-(   In Dec, we upgraded to 2 smart phones and added a basic phone for my son.  So, what options do we have?  Can I just buy another $.01 from Walmart or maybe a used phone and pay to activate?  Gracias

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: 2 Phones destroyed, what next?

Community Manager
Community Manager

everyscreennameistaken,

That's a great question; let's clear up any confusion; we want your daughter to have a phone as soon as possible. The activation fee ($35) only applies when a new line is established, does not apply to an existing line just replacing the phone. The upgrade fee ($30) only applies when you upgrade an eligible line with a 2-year agreement; if the phone is purchased via 3rd party, the fee does not apply.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Buy a basic phone either used or new from a third party and activate it on the line. Why do you think you have to pay to activate it? You also might want to keep the phone out of the dog's reach.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Thank you Ann154.  Isn't there a $30 activation/upgrade fee from Verizon anytime you bring a new device onto your plan, even if it's the same number?  I was charged $35 for adding my son's phone (new line), and $30 for my daughter's phone I just bought from Walmart.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

flutterfly8497

The activation/upgrade fee is only if you add a line ($35 activation fee) or take a discounted upgrade ($30 upgrade fee). If you buy a used third party phone, there isn't a charge to activate it on an existing line.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Keep in mind, you may be able to borrow an older unused phone(Verizon phone, of course) from a friend/relative who has upgraded and is no longer using their older phone. I have loaned/given my old phones to friends/relatives in the past multiple times. There would be no cost to activate any of those phones on your daughters line and possibly no cost to acquire the phone, depending on the friend/relative.Smiley Happy

Bernie157a
Miembro

I have an extra LG Octane (basic phone) but I'm not sure I want to give it up or keep it as backup.  My wife and I both have LG Octanes for over 2 years with data plans so are not quite smart phones but I call them clever phones.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

everyscreennameistaken,

That's a great question; let's clear up any confusion; we want your daughter to have a phone as soon as possible. The activation fee ($35) only applies when a new line is established, does not apply to an existing line just replacing the phone. The upgrade fee ($30) only applies when you upgrade an eligible line with a 2-year agreement; if the phone is purchased via 3rd party, the fee does not apply.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta