cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Can I Buy A SIM Card At The Verizon Store Before I Get My Phone?

greenhavennn
Miembro

I recently lost my LG V10. Went to my acct on VZN website and suspended my LGV10 in order to prevent unauthorized use, but opted to keep making regular contract payments in order to keep my upgrade date of Nov2017. In the meantime, I ordered a new Sim-Free iPhone 7+ directly from Apple. It'll be here on December 8th. In preparation for activation, I noticed that I can activate my new iPhone through my account page here on VZN website. I reviewed the process and noticed that inserting a SIM card is one of the steps. In the instructions, it says that if you do not have a SIM card,  you can order one online and complete the activation once the card is delivered, OR you can visit a VZN store and pick one up free.

I visited a local VZN Store and checked in for assistance. I explained the above details to the employee and he told me that I would have to bring in the iPhone, as they cannot give me a SIM card to take with me. He explained that they have to account for every SIM card that leaves the store. I was not happy to hear that. I didn't want to argue with him in front of other customers, so I just said thanks and left. Am I missing something here? The VZN instructions don't say that a customer is required to take their device to the VZN store in order to get a SIM card.

Has anyone else had this experience? Guess I'm forced to take my new phone to the store, where they'll activate it for me. I was trying to avoid that, as they then try to sell me accessories, protection plans, etc. and I HATE that. I've always activated my own phones for the past 20 yrs. Grrrrrr!!

Thanks for any light anyone may be able to shed on this issue.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: SIM card at VZN Store

Weth
Líder Sénior

Yes, you must bring the phone in to get a SIM.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Yes, you must bring the phone in to get a SIM.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

If they try to get you to purchase accessories, say no thanks in a firm calm voice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

greenhavennn
Miembro

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to read my lengthy post. I've waited this long, what's 3 more days? LOL. Have a great week.

0 Me gusta

greenhavennn
Miembro

Thanks! Oh yes, I'll be able to say "no, thanks" in a firm manner. I've just gotten spoiled these past few years, taking care of this kind of stuff online with no salesperson trying to sell me extras.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate this.

0 Me gusta