cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Call from "Technical Support" 800-922-0204 - Appears to be Spoofed

Pamalama_K
Miembro

I received 2 calls from "Technical Support," 1-800-922-0204 today.  I didn't answer the first.  The second time it was a recording saying my account had been deactivated and I should press 1 or 2 for various options.  I hung up.  I checked MyVerizon app.  There is nothing wrong with my account. 

This appears to be a scam or a spoofed number.  I see that this has happened in the past - related to refunds, but I didn't see any prior examples of this particular spoof.

Just be on the look out. 

0 Me gusta

Re: Call from "Technical Support" 800-922-0204 - Appears to be Spoofed

Customer Service Rep

Pamalama_K, we can understand how alarming it can be to receive multiple phone calls from “Verizon” stating that you have a disconnected account. We truly appreciate the steps you had taken by releasing the phone call and checking your personal account to make sure it is in good standing. We do want to let you know that we are aware of a scam in which fraudsters are pretending to be Verizon representatives and are calling Verizon customers to ask for personal information, including passwords. Verizon will never call you to ask for your password or any other personal information. 

If you receive a call asking for your Verizon password or other personal information, do not provide any information. 

SylviaT_VZW

0 Me gusta

spamhater5837
Miembro

Just had the same experience today 5/27/2019. Caller ID said TOLL FREE NUMBER and when I answered there was a recording of a guy saying  he was from Verizon and that due to suspicious activity the account has been suspended, and to press a prompt to speak to a rep. I hung up. I'm also getting unending calls with overseas numbers saying Slovenia, Russia, Niger and many more, which I don't answer. Why doesn't Verizon wireless have a setting to automatically block all calls that originate overseas? 

0 Me gusta

Tanya23
Miembro

I just got the same call. It disconnected on its own after it gave the two options to either press 1 or 2.

0 Me gusta

Customer Service Rep

You should look into adding the call filter feature to your device. You can obtain more information regarding it here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/  MarcusS_VZW

0 Me gusta

Njsadsad
Miembro

I just now 06/06/2019 3:25PM got the same call with a recording that my account has been suspended. Since I knew that to be false, I immediately looked up the number and found this page and am also reporting it.

0 Me gusta

Customer Service Rep

Njsadsad Thank you for providing us with this information, we will share it with the appropriate team. We are happy to learn you didn't provide any of your account information. The number you provided is our 800 number. However, they can make it look like it is coming from us. Please remember you can always check your account online if there is ever any doubt. DoloresK_VZW

0 Me gusta

Re: Call from "Technical Support" [phone number removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] - Appears to be Spoofed

22BB
Miembro

I just got a call from this number also (6/13/19), but didn't answer. I looked up the number and found this thread. What I find most disturbing is the reference that "... this has happened in the past - related to refunds" I recently did have a refund on my Verizon account. So who is getting information from Verizon about the accounts that are gettting refunds and how are they getting it? 

0 Me gusta