cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Blocking feature not working, help! :(

amandar143
Miembro

I have been having trouble with the free 5 number blocking feature that Verizon offers. It was working for me for months and just 2 months ago it gave me an error saying it couldn't block the numbers it had always blocked. I was forced to change to a 3rd party text messaging app that had a blacklist feature and pray the numbers didn't call. I was pretty upset as verizon phones don't offer spam or block list features for call / text on the phone since they offer the free blocking on their website.

I called about it when it happened and support said they were taking away the feature for some lines, which to me didn't seem like it was the truth because there was no change to the verizon wireless section and no disclaimer stating that the feature was now limited. But I didn't have any other answers so I took it. It seemed I am not the first person to have this issue, either. (changing browsers did not work for me.)

The other day (two months later) I tried to block the number and it worked. (so I guess the feature wasn't limited, after all?) I was really happy I got to move back to my old text messaging app because I hated the other one--

So here is my question: Is the 5 number blocking feature verizon offers reliable? I really loved that verizon offered this as it made my life way easier. But now I am wondering if I can trust it.. 3 months down the line when I go to add the numbers again, I am scared it is going to tell me there is an error. Verizon should at least keep the spam/blocking options on the verizon phones if the blocking feature won't be reliable, right? Can someone tell me why that may have happened? why for months I was unable to add the lines? was the feature really limited? and if it is likely to keep happening? ¡Gracias! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Blocking feature not working, help! :(

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let’s get the information you need for the Call and Messaging Block feature amandar143. Currently we have no news on removing the features as it comes in handy for many people. We do have the Family Base option that allows you to block numbers longer than 90 days and more numbers to block. If you’d like to check out the Family Base features, here’s a great link http://vz.to/1mf1aH0

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

The good thing is that all of the newer smartphones allow you to block right from the device itself.

0 Me gusta

amandar143
Miembro

I have an LG G4 and samsung galaxy core prime. They only have the feature if the carrier doesn't supply a free and easy access blocking feature.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Was there a specific error message? I had trouble a while back, it was eventually narrowed down to a conflict with the voicemail system I was using and what the system wanted me to have in order for the blocks to be saved. Once that was sorted, I haven't had a problem since.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

amandar143
Miembro

The error was "No podemos completar el cambio de tu solicitud en este momento. Please try again later."  is the error you had? It's a good idea but I don't think that could be my problem Smiley Sad as i didn't make any changes to my phone or voicemail when it started working for me again. hmm!

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

I hadn't made any changes to my account either other than switching to a different phone by swapping the SIM card from one phone to the other.  The system for some reason wanted me on a visual voicemail before I could make the changes.  I didn't want visual voicemail.  In the effort to get the blocks to work I did subscribe to the basic visual voicemail for a couple days and then I found out I could block visual voicemail completely.  I added that block feature to my line and haven't had problems since.  The same solution may or may not work for you.

The error you gave can mean multiple things.  Sometime it will display if you have another pending change on the account.  Other time it could mean their system is down on they end for one reason or another.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Acrillix

It is reliable but like everything, things break. I know I have tried to block certain numbers and have had it give the same error, waited about 48 hours and it worked.

0 Me gusta

amandar143
Miembro

Well the block feature has been working now, I just had to wait like 2-3 months for it to work Smiley Sad I just want to know the next time I will go on to add the numbers it wont give me an error, yano?

The only thing I could think of when you say "if you have another change pending on the account" is that-- I tried to change the numbers on the exact day they were about to expire. (I have done that before and it worked so I figured it was okay) I took off the numbers, saved, then added them back on and that's when it started to give me trouble. Someone at verizon said once that as long as the numbers are there, they are blocked. So maybe I confused the system? I don't know. I know for next time though, I will wait until the numbers clear themselves and then I will add them back.

On verizon wireless it says you can remove and add numbers, so I don't see why it would confuse the system but thats the only thing I can think of-- that it was in the middle of a change (as it was the final day of the numbers being blocked).. So it could be because it was ending after the 3 month period and I tried to change it too fast?

But then why would support tell me they were taking the feature away for some phones? and the feature didn't work for months Smiley Sad

0 Me gusta

amandar143
Miembro

I am trying to figure out why support told me they were taking the feature away when I called and asked about it.. 2 different reps told me that. Mine also didn't work for 2 months Smiley Sad

0 Me gusta

Acrillix

There's a current migration of the feature to only be available in FamilyBase.

0 Me gusta