cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Beware of misinformed Verizon Reps

CaoimhinPad
Miembro

I was deeply disappointed to discover yesterday that a device can only be suspended ONCE within a 365-day period.

Over the past three months, one of my devices has been suspended due to study abroad in Europe where it's much more cost-effective to use a European SIM card than use Verizon's more expensive international services  (using an iPhone 6S).  During that 3-month period, I spoke several times on the phone with Verizon reps to make sure I understood how suspension worked.  Every rep told me I could suspend TWICE within a 365-day period.  Alas, when I attempted to suspend for a second 90-day period yesterday, a Verizon rep informed me that I had been misinformed.  The rule is apparently as follows:

"When selecting "Other" as your reason for suspending your service, your line will remain suspended for up to 90 days. For each line of your account, you can only suspend your service for up to 90 days in a 365-day period."

I also learned a couple weeks ago that during the first 90-day period of suspension that my phone insurance payments has been suspended in addition to the suspension of my line charges.  So, my phone had been uninsured during that time!!!  There was no indication during the online suspend process that insurance payments would cease.  The Verizon rep on the phone restarted my insurance payments, but for nearly three months, I was exposed unnecessarily to the uninsured risk of loss, theft and damage.

Moral of the story:  Don't trust Verizon reps and don't trust Verizon's online processes.  We pay big buck$ to Verizon and we get shoddy service.  There's no reason to allow only one suspension per year.  So for the next three months, I will needlessly be paying line charges that I don't need. 

Verizon: where misinformation, errors and price gouging can be expected, and are in fact the business norm.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Beware of misinformed Verizon Reps

pherson
Leader

Suspended means suspended. You don't get to pick and choose what stays active and what doesn't . Lesson learned. If the end user is out of the country either continue paying for the line or cancel it. Those are your options.

NO I'm not a Verizon employee, I have been a well respected contributor for years and am not a troll or fanboy.

0 Me gusta

Re: Beware of misinformed Verizon Reps

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

CaoimhinPad wrote:

I was deeply disappointed to discover yesterday that a device can only be suspended ONCE within a 365-day period.

To explain how information can be mis-interpreted, I will use your case. Your above statement is INCORRECT. You CAN suspend more than once within a 365 day period.

First of all, a suspension does not have to last 90 days. Additionally, a suspension does not have to be WITHOUT billing. You can suspend your line as many times as you want WITHOUT billing for up to 90 days in a 365 day period. If your period is only 10 days, you can suspend it 9 times, not only once. You can also suspend you line for as long as you want within a 365 day period WITH billing. It is only WITHOUT billing that you are limited to 90 days within a 365 day period.

So while you MAY have been mis-informed, the information YOU are providing is certainly mis-information.

Second, this 90 day suspension WITHOUT billing is somewhat new. At some point in the past year Verizon's policy changed from being able to suspend WITHOUT billing for up to 180 days in a 365 day period to only being able to suspending WITHOUT billing for only 90 days in a 365 day period. It is possible when you first asked, the policy was not yet only 90 days. Policies change. Just because it used to be 180 days in a 365 day period does not mean that it will always be so.

CaoimhinPad wrote:

Over the past three months, one of my devices has been suspended due to study abroad in Europe where it's much more cost-effective to use a European SIM card than use Verizon's more expensive international services  (using an iPhone 6S).

Third, one of my lines is ALSO suspended for study abroad in Europe. Prior to having this study abroad program start, I looked into the most (cost)effective ways to have cellular service while there. I was considering what you are doing, but also looked into Project Fi and found that to be the best option for me. This service is a very cost effective way for cellular service while in Europe with the added benefit of not costing friends/family in the US anything extra to call/text to the person in Europe.Smiley Happy

Finally, as was stated by pherson, you can't have it both ways. Either you suspend billing for the line, INCLUDING insurance, or you don't suspend billing for the line. The only thing you can't suspend would be phone payments if you are on an Edge/DPP phone payment plan.

0 Me gusta