cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Beware of chaning to unlimited plan, they will overcharge and look for any means to increase your bill.

LIOSTE
Miembro

On the day just before the end of my billing cycle (which I thought was a good time, due to companies always wanting to prorate your bill) I decided to switch to the unlimited plan. I asked the representative, how much would my bill be if I removed extra devices from the account and removed services, after telling me how much, I informed him to make the switch. A few days later I was notified that my bill was increase by over 50%, due to "backdating" Was informed that I was not allowed to change my account during a billing cycle... (if that's the case, when can you ever change it?) Also the route they took, was not removing the tablets and services from the account because I "was only inquiring" conversation went pretty much like this: Hello, I would like to see about upgrading to the unlimited plan, if I dropped the tablets and family base how much would my bill be each month? Rep told me a price... I stated great, lets make the changes...

Some where in that, the rep saw that I didn't state remove the tablets and family base from my account, and assumed my inquiry was to see how much my bill would be if I made the changes, he was not obligated to make the changes only switch my account to the unlimited plan. Seeing as the change took place between Jan 1st and Dec 31st in a calendar year and it was especially delicious because it was the last day of my billing cycle, this allowed for them to then backdate my charges for a bill I already paid, I was billed as though I had the unlimited plan for the entire billing cycle that was to end in 9hrs. The price of a tablet was also back dated which increased the line access fees for all the tablets by double under the new plan. I was backdated $80 for 9hrs and am to be charged for the tablets again regardless of if I remove them.

Money was never a problem, but to hear these reps speak and swindle for money, I can no longer be a supporter of this company, they also told me good luck with my next cellular company.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Beware of chaning to unlimited plan, they will overcharge and look for any means to increase your bill.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

LIOSTE wrote:

On the day just before the end of my billing cycle (which I thought was a good time, due to companies always wanting to prorate your bill) I decided to switch to the unlimited plan.

Seeing as the change took place between Jan 1st and Dec 31st in a calendar year and it was especially delicious because it was the last day of my billing cycle, this allowed for them to then backdate my charges for a bill I already paid, I was billed as though I had the unlimited plan for the entire billing cycle that was to end in 9hrs.

I think you need to rethink your story. Verizon was not yet offering unlimited data between Jan 1st and Dec 31st. Unlimited data was not re-introduced until February 13. Even if it was the last day of your billing cycle, the change could not have been backdated until Jan 13th at the earliest.

0 Me gusta

Re: Beware of chaning to unlimited plan, they will overcharge and look for any means to increase your bill.

LIOSTE
Miembro

No rethinking needed, that portion you pulled out, came from the representative telling me that you can't change your plan during a billing cycle... which if your a Verizon customer... there's no such thing as a non billing cycle. Which is why the comment was to elude to it being from the beginning of the year to the end l, which they will then try to find a way to maximize your bill.

I thought it was obvious that this just happened. My billing cycle just ended (March 2nd). The day before it ended (March 1st) I stated I believed it was a good time to perform the switch as to not get charged extra prorated fees similar to companies like Comcast. I was then billed as though I had the service from feb 2nd to march 2nd and was billed the increaseday cost of line fees for all 6 devices on my line. My employee discount was removed and none of the services or devices I inquired about were removed because I'm told I didn't technically say to remove them. The fact that he quoted me a price and I said that that would be perfect and to move to it... somehow didn't flag that I wanted to pay that price I was just quoted.

I had also called the day of my ending cycle when i got noticed of the 50% increase in my bill through the app but my bill supposedly didn't hit their servers until yesterday....

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

LIOSTE wrote:

No rethinking needed, that portion you pulled out, came from the representative telling me that you can't change your plan during a billing cycle... which if your a Verizon customer... there's no such thing as a non billing cycle. Which is why the comment was to elude to it being from the beginning of the year to the end l, which they will then try to find a way to maximize your bill.

I thought it was obvious that this just happened.

That's the problem with assuming something is obvious. I took your story to mean you backdated to Jan 1. Are you saying the Verizon rep stated a change can only be made on Dec 31 or Jan 1? Yes there is no such thing as a non billing cycle, but there is a beginning and an end of every billing cycle. Backdating indicates a change made at the BEGINNING of your current billing cycle(not during). Forward dating indicates a change made at the END of your current billing(not during). An immediate change takes place at the time of your call, but would bring up the possibility you incur overage charges due to your change. As far as I know, this is still possible but it may have changed since the last time I made a plan change. Even with a plan change made on the last day of a billing cycle to take effect immediately can result in large overage fees. Backdating a change WILL result in a credit for payments you had already made for your old plan and a charge for a full month of your new plan, even if it is made on the last day of the billing cycle. Forward dating the change, in your case to the beginning of the next day when your new billing cycle started, would have avoided what you are describing.

LIOSTE wrote:

My employee discount was removed and none of the services or devices I inquired about were removed because I'm told I didn't technically say to remove them. The fact that he quoted me a price and I said that that would be perfect and to move to it... somehow didn't flag that I wanted to pay that price I was just quoted.

I had also called the day of my ending cycle when i got noticed of the 50% increase in my bill through the app but my bill supposedly didn't hit their servers until yesterday....

Employee discounts are not eligible with the Unlimited plan. Yes, Verizon won't remove a line unless you explicitly tell them to do so. Expecting Verizon to infer you want something done when you don't explicitly state that can lead to misunderstandings.