cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Benefits of being long time customer?

JUNVINCLA
Miembro

At the end of every phone call with Verizon the rep say "thank you for being the best part of Verizon and a long-time customer", whatever amount of years that you've been with them but it doesn't seem to me that being a long-time customer has any benefits. My wife and I have been with Verizon for over 10 years together and for her close to 20 years. I recently been doing a little bit more traveling, therefore using a little bit more data then before and it just seems that it's becoming a little too expensive for us to continue paying for more data. Every time I speak to a rep they searched the system and they always comes to the same conclusion that there is nothing much that they can do to help. I am sure that they are doing the best job that they can and I really do want to stay with Verizon however I always ask this question "what is the benefit being a long-time customer in good standing with Verizon?"

At this point I am looking towards switching to a new carrier that will fit my family's needs at this time. ( I have 10 days left to do it as I just purchased the Galaxy Note 8 on Verizon)

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Benefits of being long time customer?

bbrdtylr
Novice

There isn't much information on what you need as far as your plan is concerned. None of us want to pay more, but we want more so we end up paying for it. As far as price is concerned, you're going to find that all the carriers are very close in price for data, you'll also find that your long-time customer standing gets you the same benefits regardless of your carrier.

This business isn't any different than any other, I don't get discounts for being a 20+ year customer of my energy company, my mortgage company, my internet, or my grocery store. Why would a cellular carrier be any different? As a matter of fact, my cable company wants to charge me MORE for the same internet service the longer I am with them. I'm just happy all companies aren't like that!!

sprmankalel
Leader

Long time...short time...you're a customer and all customers are treated equally. Your close to 20 years as a customer does not make your business more valuable than my close to 7 years as a customer. Verizon has their set prices and plans that all customers have access to. It isn't like playing a video game and the more you play the more you unlock.

Your question should be - What is the benefit being a customer in good standing with Verizon? - and if you can't say that you get the best value of service for the money you're spending then you should look for a carrier that suits your needs. You're essentially asking for Verizon to give you a discount on the data that you use because you have been with them for so long while someone who is only a customer for a year doesn't get any discount. Someone has to pay for it and I don't use more than the amount of data I selected to pay for each month. My price should not go up because you want to pay less and use more. What kind of economics is that?

tomcu18
Miembro

I can't help with Verizon's data prices, but I can answer the question in your original subject line.

The benefits of being a long time customer are

• EXACTLY NONE.

Verizon is confident that anyone who has been a "loyal customer" for more than three years is unlikely to switch carriers no matter how much better deals all their competitors are offering.

Unfortunately all the carriers have the same business model, and nowadays that business model revolves entirely around attracting "new" customers from other carriers - customers who will stay for exactly the length of their new contract or just long enough to pay off their new phone and then switch to yet another carrier who offers yet another better deal for new customers.

Community Manager
Community Manager

JUNVINCLA, we appreciate you and your loyalty. I have sent you a private message to review your account for any cost savings. At your earliest convenience please reply to that message.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Mcwhit85
Miembro

Iv heard from a few people that they got a free cellphone for being a longtime costumer of at and t , so not a bad question. Seems like you don't get anything from Verizon: (

0 Me gusta

@Mcwhit85 escribió:

Iv heard from a few people that they got a free cellphone for being a longtime costumer of at and t , so not a bad question. Seems like you don't get anything from Verizon: (

Not true.  Don’t believe anyone who tells you that.  The deals are the same at At&t, and it’s a number 2 carrier for a reason.   I don’t even get me started on the customer service, which is rated worse than almost every other carrier in the business except sprint. 

I was with Verizon up until 5 1/2 years ago, switch to AT&T, and now back to Verizon.  You can not compare service quality, or customer service quality.