cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Be Careful, Found out Verizon Edge is Deceptive

vmvblock
Miembro

The information contained in this thread is true and there is no deviation from the truth.  Has anyone else experienced this?

This letter is to notify you about a problem I am experiencing with my xxx-xxx-xxxx line, which has no come to a resolution.  Up until March 6, 2015, this line was on the Verizon Edge program, which I decided to pay off in full with an amount of $271.23.  According to the information I had available to me and communicated by the Verizon store (February 25, 2014), the following was believed to be true:

• I traded in my phone (Nokia Lumia 928).
  • I took ownership of a Nokia Lumia Icon under the Verizon Edge program, 24 months at $22.91 a month. 
  • Once the phone (Edge agreement) was paid at least 50%, I can trade my phone in towards a new phone.
  • I would be charged a $35.00 upgrade fee and the taxes for the total cost of the phone.  This would appear on my next bill.
  • With the Verizon Edge program I am not obligated under any contract, however if I were to cancel the line, I would be responsible for the remaining balance of the Edge agreement.

Right now I am carrying around 2 cellular phones and decided to consolidate. I took into consideration what I was told about not being obligated once the Edge agreement was paid in full.  On March 6, 2015, I decided to pay the balance off, hence allowing to remove that line of service.  After the payment was made, a new screen was available indicating that I could not upgrade my phone or end the contract until 06/13/2016.

I called Verizon Customer Service on March 6, 2015 at 2:55PM EST and spoke with Betty.  Betty looked into this further and indicated that I would receive a text within 1 hour with the new contract date.  I did not receive a text, however several hours later I checked online and the contract date changed to 11/25/2014.  I called Verizon Customer Service on March 6, 2015 at 8:30PM EST and spoke with Kerri Ann, who filed a dispute to see if the contract can be moved back.  She indicated I should hear something back within 72 hours.

After giving it more than 72 hours and not receiving any correspondence, I called Verizon Customer Service on March 10, 2015 at 12:20PM EDT and spoke with Robin to check status of the contract date.  Robin indicated that the contract date is still 11/25/2015, as I signed a contract on 11/23/2013 for a 2 year agreement.  I inquired as to how I could pay full price for my phone and still be in a contract.  I was told several times that I couldn’t be in a contract and on an Edge program at the same time. This completely confused and contradicted the situation, as I was just in an Edge program.  I explained that this was extremely deceptive, as it never showed or indicated at any time on the website I was under a contract, just the Edge agreement. I tried multiple times to understand how I could be under a contract, when I did speak to Janet of customer service on 12/9/14 at 3:40pm EST.  At that time, it was explained to me that this telephone number was out of contract either 7/2014 or 10/2014.  Robin started to get nasty with me and I immediately asked for a supervisor, which as first, she was unwilling to transfer me.  I spoke with a supervisor, Briana, who indicated I am not eligible for Edge and would need to wait until at least a few months before my contract end date.  This did not resolve my issue at all or explain what was going on with this line.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the customer service I have received so far and believe that the Verizon Edge program is deceptive in nature.  It advertises that if you pay the Edge agreement off in full, you are no longer under any obligation to keep the line.  I have attached a few screen captures showing this deception and how a consumer would be led to believe the same as I did. The second deception was that I paid tax twice on the same item.  At the point that a Verizon Edge program is initiated, on my first bill after the phone was received I had a charge for taxes for the full purchase price of the device.  At the point that I paid the Edge agreement off, I was charged tax on the remaining balance, which I believe is illegal and needs to be resolved.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)

Re: Be Careful, Found out Verizon Edge is Deceptive

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hola Vmvblock,

We want every experience with Verizon Wireless to be awesome, and your account information to be accurate! I apologize that this did not occur, and want to help get this issue resolved. I have sent you a Direct Message please respond to the message.

Gracias,
PamelaF_vzw

0 Me gusta

dad_of_2
  • To start with last year the upgrade fee was only $30, so this was not correct: "I would be charged a $35.00 upgrade fee and the taxes for the total cost of the phone.  This would appear on my next bill." Also when you go on edge there is no upgrade fee due to you paying the full retail, so you would not see this fee.

• Also if you where in contract at the time of going into edge you would have been required to return your old device? Did you have to do that?
  • Also, When doing an early edge, you would still have to complete the currently contract before being able to upgrade no matter where you are in the edge process. *Other people on here will tell you different (rcschnoor), but you are an example of that. "the contract date is still 11/25/2015, as I signed a contract on 11/23/2013 for a 2 year agreement."* Luckily, I was advised of this by a customer service rep.

Sorry you where given wrong info. I hope you get it all figured out! Smiley Happy

vmvblock
Miembro

dad_of_2,

Thank you for the information.  I obviously was given some wrong information.  I wanted to be as truthful as possible when I posted this, so I pulled all the information I had, including prior bills, etc.  I did turn in my old phone as indicated above and was told my by customer service that my contract end date was 10/2014.  I also wanted to point out the deception with the edge program, whereas when you click on manage my device, it only shows the edge related items.  It was only when I paid the edge agreement off, that it show me a contract date.

pherson
Leader

When did you get the Nokia lumia 928?

0 Me gusta

Snn5
Líder Sénior

I thought Edge was not a contract and only specified a 24 month agreement, that was satisfied by 24 months or full pay off.

pherson
Leader

The reason why I ask is because here's the thing: the 928 didn't come out on verizon until late spring early summer of 2013. So if that was a 2 year agreement which I'm sure it was that would not be up until late spring early summer of 2015 at the earliest. So regardless of what the rep said they were wrong. Therefore you are still in contract and cannot cancel the line. Verizon is able to send you a copy of the agreement that shows the contract end date along with your signature or e-consent of the 2 year agreement. All you have to do is ask for it.

Best wishes

vmvblock
Miembro

I responded to your message well over 16 hours ago and received no response.

0 Me gusta

vmvblock
Miembro

Pherson,

The Lumia 928 was released May 16, 2013.  I obtained that device the end of May, so even if I were to be in a 2 year contract, it would be completed the end of May 2015.

0 Me gusta

vmvblock
Miembro

Snn5,

Yes, that is how the Edge program is advertised.