cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Basic Phone Dilemma

Miembro

I am starting a new thread, as my reply to a post had created problems.

Dear Robert from Verizon Wireless,

I've had the Kyocera Cadence since June of this year and my vehicle is a 2018 Cruze. When I purchased my Kyocera Cadence in June, the Verizon customer service representatives showed me only three basic phones - two Kyoceras and an LG Exalt, indicating that is all that were available. On clicking the link you provided, I see that Verizon now offers seven different basic phones. Perhaps I shouldn't have jumped the gun and instead, waited until this month or next to make a purchase. Since I have already purchased the Kyocera Cadence, I am not inclined to purchase another phone and possibly go through the same exasperating experience I had with the customer service representatives, that I had in June. I sincerely hope all the Verizon store personnel are now fully versed in the workings of all of Verizon's basic phones. Gracias.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Basic Phone Dilemma

Novice

Have you read the reviews? They are all garbage except the biggest clunkiest and most expensive ones.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

The LG Revere I had for more than eight years was the best basic phone I have ever owned.  It was all that I needed and was designed and engineered perfectly. You would think that LG would make a similar basic phone that was 4G compatible, but no --- back to square one and come up with an inferior model. Sometimes reviews aren't a good representation of the product in question, but from my personal experience with a Kyocera Cadence, and in my opinion, a group of pre-schoolers with crayons and legos could have designed and built a better basic phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

@Basically wrote:

The LG Revere I had for more than eight years was the best basic phone I have ever owned.  It was all that I needed and was designed and engineered perfectly. You would think that LG would make a similar basic phone that was 4G compatible, but no --- back to square one and come up with an inferior model. Sometimes reviews aren't a good representation of the product in question, but from my personal experience with a Kyocera Cadence, and in my opinion, a group of pre-schoolers with crayons and legos could have designed and built a better basic phone.

I understand your frustration. I currently have an LG revere 3 on my account and it is amazing. It does everything that I need it to. I have read that Verizon will keep the phone functioning until they completely retire the 3G spectrum on 01/01/2022(Not sure if it is confirmed). They informed me that if the current device breaks or gets lost, I would have to get a new 4G compatible device. Verizon also stopped activating basic phones to account to discourage people from activating old 3G phones to a obsolete network. I checked the website and I noticed the LG Exalt is no longer offered. Not sure if you have had the chance to check it out. It is longer in length and it might pose a problem with someone with a small head as you would be speaking into the button portion of the phone. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks for the information.  I purchased the Kyocera Cadence this past June, but switched back to my LG Revere after a month of aggravation. It is on standby, when the Revere ceases to function. As I use my basic phone for making and receiving calls and some limited texting, the Kyocera Cadence will work, but just.

The LG Exalt didn't have a small screen on the front, so you had to flip open the phone to see who was calling. I wonder if the basic phone manufacturers ever field tested their new phone prototypes, and with people like me, who need only a basic phone. If they did, the feedback was probably ignored or deleted.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ensuring that you have the phone that you are the most comfortable with is an essential, Benitez147. We do offer basic phones that you will be able to activate on our 4G network going forward. To find the list of this phones, please use this following link:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/.

OmarC_VZW

0 Likes