cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Bandwidth throttling way too severe

GOLDVIPER1
Miembro

I recently purchased a beyond unlimited plan and a jetpack hotspot.  After i first purchased it i checked and i have 4 bars.  I also ran a speedtest and i got over 50mb download speeds.  I used the 15gb of data over the next few days and speeds were great.  After the 15gb were up i was expecting a drop in speed to 600kb or so which i could deal with.  What it dropped to was so slow it takes like 30+ seconds to load a webpage.  I ran a few more speedtests and the best was .41mb and the lowest was .11mb.  What is even worse is the connection fluctuates so much it is near impossible to do any interactive activities like a game with other people.  When i went to work i left my connection active and downloading a file 3 different days to see how bad it was.  All 3 days i averaged 2.2gb over 9+ hours of download time.  That averages to less than 72kb a second.  That is just an average of 12% of the 600kb it should be able to reach on the plan over an extended period of time.  What is worse is that is less than .15% of the speeds my connection is capable of reaching.  My question is this is Verizon going to reduce or remove the restriction they put on their plans to make connections reach even close to the 600k they advertise or should i just cancel my service and find some other unlimited wireless carrier.

Labels (1)

Re: Bandwidth throttling way too severe

Community Manager
Community Manager

GOLDVIPER1,

We definitely don't want to lose a valued customer like you. I can clarify when it comes to the usage for the hotspot. To make sure we're on the same page, are you speaking of the speeds on the phone's mobile hotspot, or the Jetpack? 

The Beyond Unlimited plan includes 15Gb of data at 4G LTE speeds. After 15GB, you can still continue to connect your other devices, but the speedjust slows to 600 kbps per second. This speed can vary at different times of day, times of high congestion, etc. If you have a month where you need more than the 15GB of 4G speeds, you can add 5 GB for that bill cycle for only $35.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

CHACON_OUT
Miembro

Verizon isn't going to fix this anytime soon. I am currently at 180kbps. Far below their advertised 600kbps. There are countless posts of Verizon running customers though countless hours of useless troubleshooting that doesn't fix the issue because Verizon is the issue. So for the time being, out of necessity, Verizon gets my money for inferior service and unusable data but I will never forget, and when another option is available for nationwide unlimited hotspot service, Verizon will be dumped immediately. I HATE VERIZON DATA!

lukevinyl

You have the option to be on a discounted unlimited data plan or to pay more if you do in fact need more data at full 4G LTE speeds.... There is no one that is keeping you on this plan. It works great for the majority of people, but if you need more full-speed data than this-- you have to pay for it.

A cellular network is not the same as a home ISP and the network speeds and quality are affected more by the number of people using data at a time than would be on a hard-wired connection from your home ISP. This will not be as much of an issue with the introduction of 5th-generation (5G) service which should be out within a year (roughly). Once this happens, you may eventually see wireless services mirroring that of home/hardwired data solutions but naturally, it won't be for quite some time.....

0 Me gusta

NIKKI_WALL
Miembro

We've been having issues with all 3 of our devices for days now. Just speed tested our computer (no land ISP available here) and we are getting 270k and haven't even reached our 22gig 4G or 15gig hotspot, soooo, it's not just you. Verizon is just being a gold digger! I mean c'mon, we haven't even maxed our plan and our speeds (with a weBOOST) is abysmal! I swear as soon as another company offers coverage even slightly similar, we're gone.

0 Me gusta

Pstrauss13
Miembro

No one is arguing that this person could easily have better speeds if they just shell out more cash. The real problem that people have is Verizon implementing sleazy business practices. If the throttled bandwidth is advertised at 600kb/s then there is absolutely no reason why anyone should consistently be getting speeds around 180kb/s because that's not even in the ballpark. At best, this a major oversight to advertise at 600kb/s when you can only guarantee ~200kb/s, and at worst, this is a morally reprehensible act by Verizon and a classic case of false advertising that should result in a class action lawsuit if not addressed ASAP. @verizonwirelesscustomersupport

CHACON_OUT
Miembro

The Verizon response to me is that the plan language reads "up to" 600kbs.

Magic words. You can mislead your customers, Advertise an Unlimited Data

Plan that isn't unlimited and advertise throttling at 600kbps when in

reality you are throttled far below making the "Unlimited Data Plan"

virtually unusable, if you just say the magic words.

NIKKI_WALL
Miembro

That's ok, because beginning of next year they're going to feel the pain of T-Mobile stealing all their customers. 5G w/ LTE at the same time and no goldigging, yeah. They already nearly tripled their coverage in 3 years and are building madly for more.

Content edited as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Ann154
Expert

The name of the plan is unlimited data not unlimited speed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

NIKKI_WALL
Miembro

The "plan" is a lie if the "data" is unusable due to the speed being so slow/throttled that you can't even check email/stream music. What good is "unlimited" if all it's doing is trying to load for 2 hours?