cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Bait-and-Switch

Miembro

When I upgraded my phone last month, it turned out to be a very bad idea. I've had nothing but problems with CSR issues. To start, I upgraded my phone while speaking to a rep on the phone. I told her, point-blank, numerous times, that I wasn't interested in upgrading if it meant my monthly bill would increase. She assured me the only extra charge I would see on my bill was for the phone, itself. Well, she lied. My bill went from ~$48-49/mo. to $60/mo. To say I'm not happy would be an understatement.

In addition to this, my new phone, Galaxy S6, qualified for the $50 rebate. Shortly after I mailed in my form, I received a postcard saying my phone didn't qualify for the rebate. Really? Then why was my phone one of those listed on the front page of the rebate form? I spoke to numerous people at Verizon, and each one was less knowledgeable than the one before. Finally, I posted on Verizon's Facebook page, and someone responded quickly. They looked into the issue and determined I was, in fact, eligible for the rebate.

I've spoken with three people at Verizon about my monthly increase, and no one has any authority to correct the error. Someone from the Verizon Facebook page looked into it, and they discovered the increase was a result of having gone from month-to-month to a contract. Why didn't the CSR I ordered my phone from tell me that, instead of lying and saying my bill would remain the same? My previous phone, Galaxy S3, still worked perfectly, and I wouldn't have upgraded had the rep told me the truth about the rate increase.

The rep I ordered my phone from assured me that my monthly bill would remain at $49. She lied, but I expect Verizon to make good on her assurances. I've been a Verizon customer for well over 10 years, and when someone there tells me something, I expect them to stand by it. If I can't get any help here, my next step will be to file a report with the FTC.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Bait-and-Switch

Leader

What plan are you on now? Is the s6 on the edge program? When you were month to month were you getting a discount for it?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You won't get the $49 price. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

And remember this very pertinent and important statement from your customer agreement:

Acuerdo con el cliente

Este acuerdo y los documentos que incorpora constituyen el acuerdo completo entre nosotros. No puedes basarte en ningún otro documento o declaración sobre dichos asuntos vertida por los representantes de ventas o Servicio al Cliente, y no tienes otros derechos con respecto al Servicio o a este acuerdo.

Acuerdo con el cliente | Verizon Wireless

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You were promised no increase but the cost of the phone, which is what you got, to the price of $21 a month.   All customers must pay for their phones one way or another.

the $50 rebate is a mail in.    ask for the rebate form or find it online.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

No, not on the Edge program. I was getting the discount, but I didn't know that. The rep didn't mention it when I upgraded. That's my whole complaint. Even tho I've been with VW for years, I didn't have a contract for the past couple of years. When I upgraded, the rep should have told me I'd been getting a discount and that it would go away with the new contract. Is that too much to ask?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Miembro

I paid for my phone in one lump sum. I didn't pay on an installment plan. Does *anyone* think the phones are free? What a dumb comment.

I was fully aware about the mail in rebate  form, as you would have known, had you bothered to read my entire post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Leader

If you're making a monthly payment for the phone then you are on an Edge contract.

"She assured me the only extra charge I would see on my bill was for the phone, itself. Well, she lied. My bill went from ~$48-49/mo. to $60/mo"

The Edge payment for the Galaxy S6 is $24.99 and the discount you get for being on the Edge contract is either $15 or $25. Based on the $10 change I'm guessing your discount is $15.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Leader

Oops. So the only change you are seeing on your bill IS for the phone like she said, the extra $10.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Please let me know if I understand this correctly.

You bought a Galaxy S6 and when you say the only extra charge expected on the bill was for the entire full retail price of the phone, i.e.$600. If that is the case, you should keep the cheaper monthly cost, and make sure you are asking for month to month discount.

If you bought the Galaxy S6 and the price on the bill you were expecting was in the $200 range, that is not buying the phone full out, but with a contract. In that case, your price will go up.

Covid19