cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Bait and Switch by Verizon Store in Ashburn

Miembro

On January 29, 2017, we visited the Verizon Store at 44119 Ashburn Shopping Center Plaza Suite 185, Ashburn, VA 20147 and was helped by Chris [Removed]. We inquired about upgrading phone 703-xxx-xx63. When we said we were not interested in the using Edge, he looked in his computer system and said we could use the customer loyalty special and get the iphone for $350. We were also told the store was running a special so if we bought a phone we could get an ipad for $100 and would only have to pay $10 a month extra for data. The Ipad was not in stock so Chris [Removed] had to order. The ipad came a week later which we picked up.  I asked him why it was edge and Chris said that was the only program available to choose but he would over-ride with customer loyalty program.

I am being charged monthly edge prices for both the ipad and iphone and the money I paid for the phone and ipad is not reflected in the bill. 

• I am being charged 36.66 a month for 24 months on top of the $350 I already paid.  If this is not resolved, I am paying a total of $1,229.84 ($350 + 879.84 edge) for the iphone I purchased that I was only expecting to pay $350.
  • I am being charged 26.24 a month for 24 months on top of the $100 I already paid for the ipad I purchased on special.  If not resolved I am paying a total of $729.76 (629.76 total edge+$100 I paid) when I was only expecting to pay $100.

Overall with the money I've paid and the money I am being charged monthly in the next 24 months, I would have paid a total of $1959.60 (sales man Chris [Removed] said I would only pay $450).

I've wasted time calling the store multiple times (proven through phone records)  and have visited the store multiple time to get resolution and all have failed to come to a resolution.  This is pure bait and switch by the Verizon store in Ashburn, VA. 

Summary of Events

On January 29, 2017, we visited the Verizon Store at 44119 Ashburn Shopping Center Plaza Suite 185, Ashburn, VA 20147 and was helped by Chris [Removed]. We inquired about upgrading phone 703-xxx-xx63. When we said we were not interested in the using Edge, he looked in his computer system and said we could use the customer loyalty special and get the iphone for $350. We were also told the store was running a special so if we bought a phone we could get an ipad for $100 and would only have to pay $10 a month extra for data. The Ipad was not in stock so Chris[Removed]had to order. The ipad came a week later which we picked up.

February 2017 - One month in I checked our bill and noticed we were getting charge edge prices for both the IPAD and the IPHONE. So after paying $350 for the Phone and $100 for the IPAD, we were also getting charged Edge monthly prices. We are being charge 36.66 per month with a contract of 24 months for the iphone and $26.24 a month for the ipad (24 month contract). Chris [Removed] said this was a billing issue and said next month this would be resolved. I informed Chris if we were going to get charged full price for the iphone and ipad I would like to return. He informed us that this would get fix with the next billing cylcle.

March 2017 - Called the Verizon Store and asked for Chris [Removed]. We were told that Chris [Removed]was at another location. Asked for a call back and never received. Called weekly until April but never received a call back.

End of April 2017 - Walked into the Verizon store in Ashburn. I was told that Chris [Removed] is no longer with the company. Spoke with Monty [Removed]. He said he would talk to his corporate office to get resolution.

May 2017 - Was told they are still looking into the issue and need time to come to a resolution.

June 2017 - Called on 6/1/2017 and asked why I never received a call. Monty said he left a voicemail on xxx-xxx-xx72 which is my son's number (I could not find phone records where calls were made to that phone nor was that the number I left for a call back when I visited the store). Monty said the most he could do was pay me back the 450 and that would be a loss for their store. (I do not know comprehend how returning money I paid in January 2017 is a loss to the store when I paid this monthly and in addition Verizon is charging us monthly. Monty said he would call me back on 6/2. I did not receive a call and whenever I call back the phone rings and the goes back to a messaging service.

Called on 6/4/2017 - Seems my number is recognized and being sent directly to voicemail.

Resolution Desired: I would like Verizon to honor what your employee promised. This is pure bait and switch tactics and I do not believe this is not standard Verizon practices. The Phone for $350 and the Ipad for $100. If not I would like you to take back both devices since I did call back less than 30 days later and informed Chris [Removed] this was not what I agreed to and that I would like to return. He told me he could fix the problem. Either way, I would like to get credit for the payments I've already made and not be charge on top of the money I already paid.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes