cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: BOGO is total scam

Líder Sénior

My point was, a new line is any line that didn't belong to Verizon in the last 60 days.
You didn't give a date of purchase, and therefore no idea what other requirements were, but verizon keeps it simple.   In recent promotions Verizon also required unlimited data plan.
 File a BBB complaint and it will Be forwarded to upper management they will contact you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We sent you a Private Note to continue this conversation in private.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have been reading the comments and am comforted to know that I am not crazy to think BOGO is a scam.  I am also a long-time Verizon customer who was told when I bought the phones I could cancel the new line once I paid off the phone, which I did.  This should have brought my monthly payments down the cost of the third line that I do not use.  After I spoke with two different customer service reps they canceled the line and my last bill reflected the appropriate cost without the additional line, only to have it show up again the next month.  When I chatted today with a rep I was told I would be charged over $450 if I cancel the line, which, basically after my past payments, is near the cost of the "free phone."   It is so frustrating, especially when the guy today said the notes on my account stated they told me this (THEY DID NOT). When I asked why my last bill reflected charges without the extra line, he skipped over an explanation for that part.  Three reps tell me one thing, this guy today calls me a liar. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@roblack wrote:

I have been reading the comments and am comforted to know that I am not crazy to think BOGO is a scam.  I am also a long-time Verizon customer who was told when I bought the phones I could cancel the new line once I paid off the phone, which I did.  This should have brought my monthly payments down the cost of the third line that I do not use.  After I spoke with two different customer service reps they canceled the line and my last bill reflected the appropriate cost without the additional line, only to have it show up again the next month.  When I chatted today with a rep I was told I would be charged over $450 if I cancel the line, which, basically after my past payments, is near the cost of the "free phone."   It is so frustrating, especially when the guy today said the notes on my account stated they told me this (THEY DID NOT). When I asked why my last bill reflected charges without the extra line, he skipped over an explanation for that part.  Three reps tell me one thing, this guy today calls me a liar. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

You were given wrong information.  Probably lied to just they could make the sale.  
That does not make it a scam.

Anyone who reads the terms of the deals, and follows them to the letter do you actually get free or discounted phones.  
  Cannot stress enough that no matter what, or who, you should read the deals.  They are always published on the sales page for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.

By the way, all of the carriers operate these deals in the same way. You cannot cancel the new line, and you cannot cancel the new line or pay off the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

roblack, we're sorry to hear about your experience regarding our BOGO offer. For more information regarding our BOGO offers, visit http://spr.ly/66041eh9i and review the category of Buy One, Get One Promotion (BOGO).

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I got scammed too.  I upgraded my phone and bought a new phone and added a line for my son. No credit since then. I've called several times and they say since I paid retail I don't qualify even for the 24 monthly installments. What a SCAM.

verizon bogo scam 3.jpegverizon bogo scam 2.jpegverizon bogo scam.jpeg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@AaronL1 wrote:

I got scammed too.  I upgraded my phone and bought a new phone and added a line for my son. No credit since then. I've called several times and they say since I paid retail I don't qualify even for the 24 monthly installments. What a SCAM.

If you had read the deal online, which I tell people to do all the time, you would know that you had to pay for the phone installments over the 24 months in order to qualify.   To put it simply, no installments = no credits.  
    All of the current deals require a new line, most of them require a current unlimited data plan, and paying over 24 monthly installments.  
    The person who you chatted with lied it to you. That does not make Verizon's offer a scam. And if you had followed the requirements you would not have paid $750 for your sons phone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Total Scam!!

I was tricked into buying two IPhone 11's for full price when I was told I was buying them under the BOGO plan by either a smooth talking salesman or a salesman that did not understand the Verizon plans.  I choose to believe that most people have good in them so I trusted Verizon to do the right thing so I put in a claim and it was denied by what they called "Upper Management".  Jess was my representative and she was very pleasant during this event!!!   Jess explained to me that upper management denied my claim because I did not buy the unlimited plan when I bought the phones so I could not get the BOGO.

I asked Jess if I could speak to upper management.. she said "No".  I asked if I could resubmit the claim? She said if I did not have additional documentation she could not. She was very kind and pleasant .  I asked her that upper management must have a boss (everybody has a boss) and could I speak with them? "No".  She found me a supervisor that was there with her (Abby).  She was very pleasant and explained to me that it was because of privacy issues that she could not give me the information as to who upper management was or even an address or a bldg number they were located in so I could identify who made the decision when/if I spoke to any corporate office. Very frustrating, but I told them that I understood they were just doing what ever they are told to do.  I told them I didn't have any new documentation, but I wanted to EXPLAIN in my words what my position was and that if any intelligent  person that could make the decision heard that position must be able to help me.  Everyone thinks they are in the right… right??

Ok, so I explained to both of them a few times that all I wanted to tell upper management was…..

The salesman (Brandon D.) sold me a lesser plan (which I found out later from another sales person 3 months later when I went to pay off the phones) that it was MORE expensive then the unlimited plan!  So basically, I paid MORE money for less gigs AND paid full price for two phones!  The second salesman I spoke to that explained to me that I should have been sold the unlimited plan to save more money was very helpful and told me the original salesman was not at that store anymore (go figure eh?).  So now, I have the unlimited plan, but ended up paying for a more expensive plan for three months (big whoop), but $750 for a phone that should have been free.

Does it make sense that (if I knew ) I would pay more money for less gigs AND pay full price for TWO phones when I could have paid LESS money for UNLIMITED data and got one phone FREE that I would have done that?

Who in their right mind would do that? UNLESS the salesman was jerking me around OR didn't know what he was doing. Either way, I feel like I was wronged by no fault of my own.  Did I mention that I emailed the handwritten note (in the salesman's handwriting) that had notes telling me to pay off the "buy phone"??  Didn't matter.  Upper Management has made the FINAL DECISION and no one else can even talk to them or know who they are.  I don't know much about phones plans, but I know hockey and this is "Bad Hockey"!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hola bboxer, 

As a consumer, I know how important it is to get in on a good promotion like the BOGO offer. La promoción Compra uno, llévate otro (BOGO) ofrece precios especiales cuando compras 2 dispositivos al mismo tiempo. El dispositivo "llévate otro" puede ser de igual o menor valor que el dispositivo "compra uno".

Con esta oferta, debes pagar ambos dispositivos a través de pagos mensuales. Mientras tanto, obtienes un crédito en tu factura todos los meses que equivale al plan de pago del dispositivo "llévate otro".

Requisitos de BOGO:

• Debes usar planes de pago del dispositivo en las compras. Dependiendo de la oferta, también podrían aplicarse otros requisitos. Por ejemplo, activar los dispositivos en un plan Unlimited o en una nueva línea de tu cuenta.
  • Tu cuenta debe estar al día, sin deudas
  • Tus acuerdos de plan de pago del dispositivo deben permanecer activos
  • Wireless service associated with both phones must remain active.

-Christina_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@bboxer   Phone deals are a loss leader to get new business and make a profit off selling service.  Its not a gift out of the goodness of their heart.  Read the deals online.  All carriers offer deals with similar catches. 

0 Likes