cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

BOGO -- Do not do it unless you take photos, videos, and keep the receipt!!

Miembro

I bought a phone (BOGO) from TCC (an Verizon authorized retailer) in December 2017 and it was the 8 Plus. It was supposed to be BOGO but apparently it wasn't. I called Verizon in summer 2019 regarding how much more I needed to pay off the phone and I was told I was paying for both phones. Surprised I explained the situation. I was told to go back to TCC who was apparently supposed to submit paperwork to Verizon. In short, they said it wasn't their problem and it was a Verizon corporate issue because they couldn't verify my purchase and the offer. I went to a Verizon store and they said they were "tired of having to clean up problems from TCC" and that TCC had the ability to rectify the issue. I went back to TCC and left my information for the District/Regional manager to contact me. He never did. I even called their corporate office multiple times and was given a case number and told to expect a call. It never came. I called into Verizon Customer Service and in short they said they can't verify that a BOGO ever existed at that time. Nobody is owning it and the onus is being put on me to prove there was a BOGO via a receipt -- which I of course don't have. Even though the internet is littered with articles about the BOGO from that time frame it is as if I need to prove that I'm not lying. A search of the internet also let me here to see that there were far more issues with the BOGO that one could imagine. Well, I'm actively looking to leave Verizon and will never return. I've been a customer for probably 15+ years but it's over. This is ridiculous. Nobody is owning it and the onus is being put on me. If you're thinking about a BOGO or any deal with them I advise you take photos, video/record the conversation, and keep the receipt. Otherwise, you'll be left fighting for something you were promised. I'd expect this from a small company trying to nickel and dime someone but not a conglomerate like Verizon who in theory should easily be able to verify there was BOGO at that time. 

FYI, the reps over the phone were sympathetic but their hands were pretty much tied in regards to providing me the credit to cover what I'd paid for the phone over time. I have no issue with them but either way,  I'm done. Verizon can trace my account to know who I am but I don't care. I'm done. I'll be away from them soon and tell any and everyone I know not to deal with them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: BOGO -- Do not do it unless you take photos, videos, and keep the receipt!!

Novice

Verizon keeps all promo information readily available online for anyone to check details on. This includes phone model and requirements. End of 2017 and middle of 2019 leaves well over a year, how can you be surprised? I notice when my cable goes up 10 cents and this is a bill on autopay. You have access to full detailed copies of your bills online.

Bad advice on the phone rep, you only have 14 days to void out an agreement, that was just a waste of your time to go to the store this late. Promotion details can be found with a bit of research going back well before Dec 2017. Even if research were done, you might not have qualified. BOGO has 3 key parts; new line for the "GET" phone, has to be the correct phone model and 3 be on the right plan as some do have an unlimited requirement. 

Verizon can't be blamed for customers not checking their bills.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

First of all, the deal was BOGO. The deal was not BOGO but you may have to remind us and if you do it'd better be within a certain period of time. If it were the latter I can assure you I'd have walked out. This forum is littered with people who had issues with BOGOs so I'm not the only one. 

TCC failed to submit whatever documentation to Verizon for the BOGO to take place. In addition, I didn't even know TCC wasn't actually Verizon until this issue came up. They have the Verizon sign on their door and throughout the store so they use the brand name but don't have the same level of service. Also, I don't go through my bills with a fine tooth comb. I pay them and keep moving. I've never had an issue with Verizon and didn't suspect there would be a reason, too -- but I've learned a valuable lesson. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Spoonylove, I regret to hear about this whole situation. We want you to trust us as your advocates in any and all concerns. We have sent you a Private Note, please respond and we will continue working with you.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

***Update***

So I searched and was able to locate the receipt. I emailed it a few days ago to a representative who asked for it. She has yet to respond (I asked her to confirm receipt of it). I'll provide another update once I hear back from Verizon.

0 Likes