cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

BEWARE: EDGE is a SCAM!

58fury
Miembro

After reading several other posts on this disucssion forum, I confirmed my TERRIBLE experience with Verizon does in fact seem like a SCAM, since it has happened to other customers.  Bottom line is, if Customer Support tries to lure you into an Early Edge Upgrade, or present it to you like a solution to a problem, be very cautious and make sure your current device is NOT broken or damaged in any way!  I feel like I was scammed into this agreement...

After spending countless hours and multiple phone calls with various tech agents trying to fix my phone (was not receiving any phone calls, data would not work, constant error message w/ network - see image!), I even took my phone to a VZW store for a new SIM card, I virtually had NO cell service for a WEEK, and I disclosed to agents over those previous calls I had dropped my phone before, but this issue only recently happened for no reason.  Tech support even said they'd investigate the issue and "call me back" in a few days...days I didn't have any service and had to check my voicemails from another phone to get any update.  I received a message, and returned their phone call, they said they couldn't fix the issue and "offered" me the Edge agreement, and said I just had to send in my old phone.  I assumed this was a goodwill gesture as a loyal customer, and they may just want my phone for evaluation purposes, but I was WRONG...my phone got sent back to me b/c it was damaged, and I would be charged $299. 1st attempt - I immediately called Customer Support back, they took notes of this whole situation, and they informed me they couldn't credit my account until the charge showed.  2nd attempt - I called back once I saw the charge on my recent bill, explained the whole situation again, Customer Support made notes in my account and told me this time that they couldn't credit my account until my bill was PAST DUE.  3rd attempt - Bill now past due, explained situation again, and they said they could NOT credit me!  Even though the previous 2 phone calls it didn't seem like this would be a problem, not to mention now my bill is past due!  I was calling tech support b/c my phone was inherently NOT working on their network for some reason, why would they even offer an agreement like that to me, and "the damaged phone" issue was never even mentioned to me. I have never experienced such terrible customer service in my life, and I am very disappointed I have been given a complete "run around" by Verizon.  I immediately want to take my business to another carrier, but just like another customer's experience, I am now basically stuck paying the $299 fee + the remaining (full-price) value of my new cell phone!  I very much feel like I was taken advantage of b/c I was in a desperate situation with no cell phone, not to mention I was leaving on a business trip soon and needed something operational ASAP.  I could have pursued other options: (1) Used an old cell phone till my contract expired (2) Used my other line's free upgrade...but I trusted Verizon...BEWARE - don't let this happen to you...

Screenshot952015-05-13-12-54-26.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: BEWARE: EDGE is a SCAM!

MiiHere
Leader

I want to say someone went as far as to file a BBB and FCC complaint as well as reaching out to some of the big wigs at Verizon.

If it were me I would pay the $299 and still follow up as to get a refund; if you choose not to pay it and I don't think you should have to because Verizon has done this to a lot of folks, it could result in extra charges and also be cause to shut your phone off until you pay.

0 Me gusta

Hackingbolt
Miembro

I have a balance of almost 500!!! [removed]

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta

58fury
Miembro

Thanks...I love how Verizon Support also has not responded to any related complaints, like these, on the forums or through Twitter.  I will also be filing a detailed complaint through BBB...

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Yet another example of why Early Edge just needs to go away. Edge Up is gone, Early Edge must be next. Then get rid of contracts. Have people buy their phones with 24 month payment plans, early repayment anytime. Simple, less misunderstandings, puts pressure on phone manufactures to charge more reasonable rates for new phones, lets people upgrade whenever they want, etc etc etc.

MiiHere
Leader

That's right! I forgot they have twitter and facebook; post there too. I thought they might have had everything under control, the posts like yours seemed to be dwindling, or I guess maybe just gearing up again. I hope you're able to resolve this.

0 Me gusta