cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

BAD store practices

Miembro

I'm not the type to complain and it's not directed at Verizon but, the Verizon store I typically shop at. I've always had good customer service at Verizon on line or, over the phone but, the store, it's a whole different story. We have three phones on our contract and our contract was near the end so, we decided to upgrade our phones. My wife and I wanted the Nokia Lumia ICONs and our son wanted the iPhone 6.

I called the Verizon store on Center St. in Auburn, Maine, (it's the closest to me, about 30 miles) A sales associate named Evan (we'll just call him "liar") answered my call. I asked for the Nokia Lumia icon liar checked on it and a minute later liar came back to the phone and said YES! we have them (this was a lie). I then asked if they had the iPhone 6, yes we do liar said immediately. I told liar what time we'd be there and that we'd be on our way to work immediately after and if it would take too long, we'll wait for another day, liar said he'd set that time aside for us (that's called an appointment) We phoned our son at work and he said, "he'd wait to take his lunch break since he's only 10 minutes away"

When we arrived at the Verizon store on Center St. in Auburn, Maine, (on time) we were told liar was with a customer and would be able to help us shortly. After about 5 minutes, liar came over and claimed he tried to call us but our phones didn't ring once and we gave liar our numbers (including home phone) in case there was an issue (if he tells you different well, lets refer to his name)
Liar said that the Lumia's were on hold and the store did not have any. I am an extremely patient person and, when I asked liar why, he told us they had the phones, liar said, "I'll get back to you, I'm with a customer right now"

Finally, now we are running late. Liar took us to the counter and quietly asked if we would like the HTC or the Samsung? I said wait, you were supposed to have the ICON and never told us why. Liar said he may be able to order them and I said okay lets get that done because we are now pushing the clock. Then, liar proceeded to take care of the iPhone 6 stuff and liar asked me to sign for the iPhone, I told liar we needed to get going and that the iPhone could wait since my son was paying his own bill. Liar said, "I thought you said your son was on lunch break?" I said yes but he's got an hour and now, we have to be to work in 15 minutes. Liar then offered other phones once again. I said no, we want to order the ICONs. Liar then told me that we are probably better off just ordering them on line. I said okay, signed off on the contract and left the store, getting nothing accomplished.

I have a reputation at work for being on time ALL YEAR, EVERY YEAR.( I beg you to fact check that claim) I punched in late for the first time ALL YEAR and it was December 30th!! This disqualifies me from the yearly cash award for being on time every day so, I lost $250.00 that very day at the end of the year. My wife and I both work at the same place and we both received occurrence's that day for lair's time wasting, bait and switch tactics.  Can you imagine how I'm feeling right about now?

When we got home from work that night, we found that liar had in FACT, never called our home. I gave liar the benefit of doubt and didn't want to say anything until I checked my home phone for messages. My feelings had been justified.

My son said that liar spent a long time trying to transfer stuff to his new phone and could not do it. My son did it himself within ten minutes.

The following day, we went to the Microsoft store on line and ordered the ICONs without a hitch. By the way, Verizon wanted $99. for those phones and they were FREE at the Microsoft store on line.

I can guarantee you, I will never step foot in that store again.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: BAD store practices

Novice

Unfortunately, experiences like this are all too common in most retail wireless stores, regardless of the provider.  I ALWAYS purchase my phones online.  You can usually get better deals online and there is really no need to go to a store anymore, unless you just can't wait two days for the phone to be shipped to you.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Agree, I've never gotten out of a store faster than 90 minutes.  Everything online, store absolute last resort. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

I always go in store just to play with some phones. Then from there I would order online if I like them. Rarely go on reviews simply because people usage differ so it's hard to gauge how'd you really feel on a device.

0 Me gusta
Covid19