cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

At Verizon The Customer is Always Wrong

deadairz
Miembro

I’m so mad at Verizon, I’m spitting fire!

Here's the story of my iPhone trade-in misadventure:  So Verizon had this promotion where you can trade-in your old phone and get back a credit on your account.  So, I go to their website and fill in all of the relevant information on my PRISTENE iPhone 4S and was notified that my phone had an appraised value of $200.

So I decide to take them up on it and to go ahead with mailing in my fully-functional (did I say PRESTINE?) iPhone 4S.  Now, the phone had not been used for about a month, so the battery was pretty dead; but I was able to charge it a little, just enough to delete my private data.

I send it in the shipping box they sent me, following all of their instructions.  About a week later I receive an email saying “The device cannot be turned on/off” and a credit of $36 was credited to my account.  I call up and say [removed].  The support guy says he will open a dispute and I should hear from him in about a week.  A week passes and I get a voicemail from the support guy saying he would “reopen” the dispute.  I call support and ask what does “reopen the dispute mean?”  The woman checks the records and said that my dispute was rejected. I say, then just give me my phone back; it’s worth more to me than $36.  The woman says, sorry I can’t do that.  I say, then give me the $200 you said it was worth!

So the support woman and I go back and forth and get nowhere.  I then ask to speak to a supervisor.  After much discussion, during which I'm getting increasingly testy, supervisor lady agrees to give me the $200.  She says that $64 would be credited to my account now and the remaining $100 would appear "later."  I hang up, thinking the matter was resolved, even if it took more effort on my part than I thought should be necessary.

Over a month passes and the $100 never appears.  Surprise! Today, I contact Verizon  support on chat (so I’d have a record) and guess what? Same old back-and-forth, my-word-against-theirs discussion.  Chat lady claims that they couldn’t power the phone on even when it was plugged into the charger.  How can a phone that’s been operating perfectly for 2 years, suddenly die as soon as an employee at the Verizon trade-in center touches it?  I suspect someone in receiving there is a thief and is falsely reporting the condition of the more PRISTENE trade-ins and selling them on.  I tell chat lady this and she simply says “I would hope that we do not have dishonest people.”  [removed] I had hoped for that too!!

Chat lady also indicates there is no record of a promise to pay the remaining $100 balance.  So supervisor lady lied to me.  Now they have my phone and "cannot" give it back. And all I have to show for it is a $100 credit and HUGE distrust of Verizon.

Take away:  Sell you used phone on [removed] (which is probably where my phone ended up).  If you MUST use Verizon’s trade-in program, do it directly at one of their stores and don’t let it out of your hands until you get an agreed on credit (IN WRITING).

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)

Re: At Verizon The Customer is Always Wrong

Community Manager
Community Manager

deadairz,

Our goal is to ensure that we're open and honest during every interaction you have with us. I sincerely apologize for your recent experience with trading in your device. I'd honestly feel the same way you do if I had to go through this. I want to assure you that any phone sent in is thoroughly inspected and tested multiple times prior to a final decision being made on the value of the phone. We'd like to extend the offer for you to speak directly to a member of the Device Trade-In team by calling (800) 416-8894. I'm certain we can come to resolution for you.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

I Think you misunderstand how the trade in program works.  Verizon will pay up to $200 for an older device.  Since a brand new, never used 4S sells for less than $200, it isn't reasonable to assume the buyback will be more than half that.

I Ran the 4S (my mother has a pristine 32 gb model) and it kicked back a trade in value of $62, and hers is hardly used and battery runs for days.   So I don't know how you got a $200 estimate for it.

I Am including a screen shot which includes the information that the phone will be evaluated when it arrives.  You are not the first to be disappointed.  I read one a while back that got nothing due to water damage.

FYI, you can always do better on eBay, but used 4s sells for $50-125 there too. 

image.jpeg

deadairz
Miembro

$200 was the appraised value.  I have emails to prove it.

It was a promotion for new customers.

0 Me gusta

deadairz
Miembro

It might also help if you can contact the supervisor lady who promised me the $200.  I'd like to talk to her again.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

I Understand.  Please read the emails carefully for wording and similar print to what is at the bottom of the above post.

I Wonder if the wrong code was provided when you traded in.  There is a different promo for porting with a device turn in, than for a recycle.

forward a copy to the CSR who chimed in and post an update.

0 Me gusta

DeniseWillis
Miembro

I did the same but sold my phone HTC M8,  was charged the $199 for not returning the phone. This starts your contract over with the start date of the day you upgraded. Then I bought out the payment plan and instead of ending my contractual obligation with them, they reverted it back to my original contract end date. I have verification from Verizon support that I do NOT have a contact with them.  They are becoming so dishonest that,  if I didn't have 3 other phones on my plan,  I'd be done with them.

0 Me gusta

Patpatschleg
Miembro

Be sure you verify that you are in a corporate store!

If not, you may get lied to and cheated.

The trynity parkway Verizon store is a 3rd party and surprisingly not monitored .   They gave my credit card # to another party for insurance on my new phone.   I'm paying Verizon 11.00 and them 5.99....they are giving Verizon a very bad name and they will be named along with Protect Cell who was charging my card without my ok.

Pattyschlegel69@gmail.com

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Patpatschleg

You can review which coverage is worth keeping, and cancel whatever insurance you don't want.

GIven the large deductable, and that I buy my phones elsewhere, I never use insurance.  I bank the money.  So far I am thousands of dollars ahead by NOT using insurance.

0 Me gusta

rrutl
Novice

Your experience is similar to mine, but in my case, they refuse to acknowledge they received the phone I traded in, and even though the USPS tracking site clearly says, the device left their warehouse to be delivered, it hasn't been logged in at the Verizon device trade in department warehouse. So, the think they have me in a Catch 22, but the evidence shows I sent the phone back, but now they say it could take 45 days for them to file a claim, and they won't even do that on their own. They say I will have to push them to file the claim, but they won't be specific about how long I should expect to wait before 'they' consider it a lost device. You are totally right that customer service reps make promises and statements that won't be honored, and even though I ask them to notate my account when they tell me important claims and statements, the company is under no obligation to follow through. This IS the most devious and underhanded company of the face of the Earth. Don't expect any consequences from a complaint, and neither the FCC nor the FTC has the cohones or concern to do anything about their clearly fraudulent practices. Corporate America is here for one reason, to take our money any way they can whether it's fair or honest or legal. Nobody is on the consumers' side and now even the Supreme Court has restricted class action suits, the robber barons own us.

0 Me gusta