Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Assumption of Liability, New Plans, and Phone Upgrades?

sglowats
Miembro

I'm currently locked in to a More Everything family plan with 500MB of shared data between five lines and a locked upgrade date of March 2018.  I am not the primary account holder for this plan, and I don't have the authority to make changes.  Now that I have the means to pay for a single line plan, I want to move to a 5GB single line data plan, transfer my number, and upgrade my phone.  I found out an Assumption of Liability will let me keep my number while moving to a new account, but I won't act on it unless I am able to change my plan and phone.  Will I be forced to use the same phone and plan since the contract doesn't expire until March, or will I be allowed to upgrade both at the same time?  Will this cause a breach in the existing contract, and will the account holder incur penalties?

This will determine whether or not I stay on the current plan and wait an additional seven months before switching.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Assumption of Liability, New Plans, and Phone Upgrades?

Ann154
Expert

I repeat. There are no more contracts anymore. The options are to pay the full retail price in one lump sum or in installments over 24 months.

There are some fairly inexpensive phones available if you want a "new" phone, but those and the high end phones have to purchased at full retail price in one lump sum if you are no eligible for upgrade.

Which phone model do you have that you are so "ready" to get rid of it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The contract stays with the line in a transfer of billing responsibility so your upgrade eligibility doesn't change. There are no more contracts available anyway, but you also won't be eligible for the device payment agreement either until your contract term expires.  You will have to use your current phone or you can purchase a different phone from a third party retailer like Swappa. Otherwise you have to purchase a new phone at the full retail price in one lump sum. You can change your plan with the transfer of billing responsibility. Verizon Wireless might actually require you to change to one of the current plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

sglowats
Miembro

Thanks for your quick response. So it sounds like I'm locked in to using the phone unless I want to pay full retail price for a new one. Can I upgrade to a new phone if another user on the contract has an available upgrade on a basic phone, or does that only apply for a new basic phone? If I can upgrade, would I be able to finance it with monthly installments and transfer liability and payments to the new plan?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

I repeat. There are no more contracts anymore. The options are to pay the full retail price in one lump sum or in installments over 24 months.

There are some fairly inexpensive phones available if you want a "new" phone, but those and the high end phones have to purchased at full retail price in one lump sum if you are no eligible for upgrade.

Which phone model do you have that you are so "ready" to get rid of it?

View solution in original post

0 Likes