cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Anyone want to participate in a class action against Verizon Wireless?

Alan58
Miembro

I upgraded two of our phones to iPhone 6s, and purchased three iPhones for our children.  I talked to Verizon representatives on the phone and also using online chat.   I was told over and over that the monthly line access fees for the five lines would be $75.  After spending thousands of dollars on phones, I am being charged $125 per month.  I was told that I agreed when I checked the box online during purchase of the phones what the charges would be, and that I should not have relied on what I was told by Verizon representatives prior to purchase.   Despite having transcripts of online chats indicating the monthly fee would be $75, Verizon refused to honor that information.  I was told that multiple Verizon Representatives may have provided incorrect information, but certainly didn't mislead me intentionally.  Maybe if it had been only one representative, I could believe it.  But when more than one person tells me $75 per month, and then I get charged $125 per month because I didn't read the contract carefully enough, I think it may be intentional.  Anyone else have a similar experience?

Labels (1)

Re: Anyone want to participate in a class action against Verizon Wireless?

dilbertaz

Given the information provided I assume you got the phones under Verizon Edge and have a More Everything Plan?  If those are both true then your line access fees should be either $75/month or $125/month depending on which More Everything Plan you have, if it is less than 6gb a month then the $125/month fee applies, if 6gb or greater then $75/month.  If you did not use Edge or don't have More Everything then your fees would be more like $200/month.

dad_of_2

Where is the class action lawsuit? You aggred and signed it without fully reading the contract/terms and conditions.  That is on you.

On a side note.  I do believe that you agreed to not go into a courtroom on your customer aggreement.  Read this excert of the contract:

"(3) ESTE ACUERDO NO PERMITE ARBITRAJES DE CLASE O COLECTIVOS AUN CUANDO LOS PROCEDIMIENTOS O REGULACIONES DE LA AAA O EL BBB LO PERMITIERAN. A PESAR DE CUALQUIER OTRA DISPOSICIÓN DE ESTE ACUERDO, EL ÁRBITRO PODRÁ OTORGAR UNA COMPENSACIÓN MONETARIA O POR MANDATO JUDICIAL SOLO A FAVOR DE LA PARTE QUE PIDE EL RESARCIMIENTO Y SOLO HASTA DONDE SEA NECESARIO PARA PROPORCIONAR LA COMPENSACIÓN EXIGIDA POR EL RECLAMO INDIVIDUAL DE ESA PARTE. NINGUNA TEORÍA DE RESPONSABILIDAD O PETITORIOS DE CLASE, REPRESENTANTE O PROCURADOR GENERAL PRIVADO PUEDEN MANTENERSE EN NINGÚN ARBITRAJE LLEVADO A CABO BAJO ESTE ACUERDO. ANY QUESTION REGARDING THE ENFORCEABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE DECIDED BY A COURT AND NOT THE ARBITRATOR."

SEE FULL AGGREEMENT HERE: Acuerdo con el cliente | Verizon Wireless

ynggrsshppr91

Line access fees are $75. The plan and phone payments are additional to those

Snn5
Líder Sénior

And here I thought that

• Posts that discuss any litigation or potential litigation (past, present, future or otherwise) is prohibited since the Verizon Community forum is not a legal venue.

was unacceptable speech according to the TOS.

0 Me gusta

ynggrsshppr91

That too, but how can we expect people that can't read their account terms and conditions to read the ones for the forum....

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

dad_of_2 wrote:

On a side note.  I do believe that you agreed to not go into a courtroom on your customer aggreement.

This is not true. Not all court cases are class action. You can bring a single cause of action against Verizon, just not a class action.

0 Me gusta

dad_of_2

Fun Fact of the day. lol.

0 Me gusta

g_rose
Miembro

Were you able to resolve this matter?  I would like to discuss this matter with you as I am dealing with a similar situation right now.  I have the chat transcript as well wherein I was told that I would get a specific plan & monthly amount but after I entered a 2 year contract, Verizon increased my monthly fee & now they refuse to honor what their rep had stated.

0 Me gusta