cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Alternatives to Assumption of Liability

Miembro

I'm going through a separation and I have multiple phone lines that are being used by the other party. She refuses to assume liability and I was wondering if there is a precedence for Verizon to waive the penalties for severing a contract. We never got married so there's no divorce, but I can provide court documents regarding our custody battle to prove there is a separation going on. I still want to keep my line, I'm very happy with Verizon and plan to be a loyal customer for a very long time.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Alternatives to Assumption of Liability

Leader

I would first attempt to suspend the lines without billing that you want her to take over. It will cut off her cellular service and hopefully she will give in and take them over. If any of the lines you want her to take over are under an Edge contract, she can't. The Edge contract needs to be paid off before they can be moved.

If the threat of having no service doesn't help, ask for the phones back and you can sell them to recoup whatever the early termination fees are. OR if she gives them back and you have other family members/friends that need a line they can do an AOL and you can give them the phone for free for taking over the line. How long is left on all the contracts and how many lines do you want her to take over?

If all of the above fails, you can mark the devices as lost or stolen, she will then no longer be able to use the phones and it can never be activated as it will be blacklisted. Then cancel the lines and you'll have to suck it up and pay it off. You can set up a payment arrangement here:

Payment Arrangements - Billing and Account Customer Service | Verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Alternatives to Assumption of Liability

Miembro

Thanks for the suggestions Smiley Happy

0 Likes