cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Also been taken by the $150 port-in scam

kblaser85
Miembro

Like so many others, I too have been taken by the Verizon $150 port-in scam.

I purchased brought 4 lines to Verizon in November 2014.  It was confirmed by Best Buy and Verizon that the offer was good at Best Buy, so why wouldn't I go with them since they have better prices on phones.  In my opinion, Best Buy has much better service but that's for another thread.  My story is the same as the other thousand stories you will read on here so I won't be repetitive.

My question...Why is Verizon not acknowledging that these signs were up in Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. and that there was no fine print stating that the transaction had to take place in a Verizon store?  I just want that one, simple question answered Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Also been taken by the $150 port-in scam

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

IF memory serves, most  of the port in credits not received, were by customers who signed up at Best Buy.  I have to assume the problem is at Best Buy and the way they are filling out the new account information.

I Don't know what Best Buy does wrong, but the complaint should be lodged with them.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Has Verizon refused to honor your credits? Those that complained seemed to eventually get the credits but it took a lot of back and forth for them to finally receive them.

kblaser85
Miembro

Best Buy customer service has been extremely helpful.  Any promotions involving billing credits are through the carrier.  When this promotion was running, the signs involving the promotion in Best Buy said nothing about the promotion only being valid in Verizon stores.  Verizon is saying that this particular promotion was only valid in a Verizon store.

Why would Verizon give these signs to Best Buy and other retail stores only to not honor the promotion?

0 Me gusta

kblaser85
Miembro

I have not received my $600 billing credit.  My original purchase took place November 2014 which Verizon has confirmed the promotion was valid at that time.   Today, July 20, 2015 was my 4th phone call with Verizon and no credit issued.  In fact tonight they said there would be no credit issued because of where I purchased my service/phones.

I requested to terminate my contract and waive the early termination fee.  I told the customer service representative that I would be willing to forget about the $600 billing credit if they would waive the ETF.  After waiting on hold for 10 minutes I was told the manager would not approve that because my purchase did not take place in a Verizon store.

0 Me gusta

kblaser85
Miembro

Follow up:

After being told by Verizon customer service the evening of 7/20/15 that I was not eligible to receive the $150 per line credits and also that they would not let me out of my contract, I decided to contact the BBB.

I filed a complaint online with the BBB explaining my situation and the promotion that was advertised.  I had never filed a complaint with the BBB before and had no idea what to expect.  I received an email from the BBB stating that Verizon had 14 days to respond to my complaint.

Around 11 am on 7/21/15 I had missed a phone call from Verizon but received the following email from Greg with Verizon Wireless Executive Relations:

Mr. Blase:

I tried to contact your cell and had no option to leave a voice mail.  I have received your BBB concern regarding your credits for switching over to Verizon Wireless from AT&T.

I truly apologize for the error in getting you "qualified" for this promotion.  I have applied a credit to your account for $600 (4 x$150) to resolve this concern for you.  You may review the adjusted account balance online via My Verizon; you will notice that there is currently a credit balance of ($338.39).

Thank you so much for your business.

Regards,

Greg M.

It's a shame it had to come down to a BBB complaint but I am happy in the end that Verizon stood up to their end of the promotion.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Usually when the BBB gets involved you hear from the company quickly. I've only made one complaint using the BBB with a car dealership that wouldn't honor the 30 day return/exchange policy for a new car I purchased. It had an issue with the HVAC system that their service dept couldn't figure out so the service manager suggested I use the exchange option since it was brand new and shouldn't have an issue. Dealership wouldn't honor it and assumed I wouldn't do anything after I left. Started to contact a lawyer but it was suggested I contact the BBB. Less than 24 hrs after I contacted them the dealership called and told me to come pick out my exchange vehicle.

Anyway, glad you were able to get things resolved.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

NICE,  seems the pen (albeit virtual) is still mighty!

0 Me gusta