cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Adding an unlocked Phone to Verizon's Insurance/Mobile Protection

fireice989
Miembro

So I'm fed up with buying phones directly from Verizon as their extra apps/bloatware they install on it is unnecessary and unneeded. I'm looking in to buying an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 from a retailer such as Best Buy so it comes without Verizon's software on it that you can't remove which overtime slows/drains the phone. The phone will run much better too. I'm aiming for maximum optimization. My question is am I able to add it to Verizon's insurance/mobile protection plans for it? I've called various Verizon hotlines and no one seems to understand my question. If I'm not able to do so, then what's the point of anyone ever getting an unlocked version of a phone? If I can, and something happens to the phone to where I need a replacement, am I able to get another unlocked phone or am I only restricted to Verizon's replacement? I hate their pre-installed apps with a passion. I don't need that extra stuff. It's annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's a link to the phone I want that's unlocked:

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB (Unlocked) Black SM-G950UZKAXAA - Best Buy

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Adding an unlocked Phone to Verizon's Insurance/Mobile Protection

Ann154
Expert

The insurance company Asurion would be providing the device if you put in a claim.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

The insurance company Asurion would be providing the device if you put in a claim.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

fireice989
Miembro

Ahh! Totally forgot about them! That makes sense! So my replacment/insurance would go through Asurion, not Verizon! Thank you so much! I was looking for the answer in the wrong place.

0 Me gusta