cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Account Restricted Please Help!!!

tkdrumright756
Miembro

Hey guys, I'm hoping I can get any amount of help here. My phone was stolen, which in and of itself is just a garbage situation. I went to order a new one through Verizon as I was eligible for an upgrade but my order was canceled. A customer service rep told me my account had been restricted since October. 

In October I changed bank accounts. I knew my autopay was linked to the old account so I tried to pay my bill early using the new account so I wouldn't default on the payment. I couldn't find an option to change payment methods. I contacted customer service, explained the situation and asked if I could pay over the phone right then. They told me they could not take payments over the phone but not to worry about the auto pay I could log into my account on the day my bill was due and someone would walk me through changing payment methods.  

The auto pay came out anyway. I had to wait for the payment to fail to be able to go back and pay it with the correct bank account. That's how I go the restriction.

Now I have no phone and no way to purchase a new one. I have been trying for days to fix this. Does anyone at all have any advice on what to do? I've been borrowing phones from friends but that's just not sustainable. I need a phone, I need the restriction lifted. ANY advice is welcome.

TLSmiley Very HappyR Phone was stolen. Can't buy a new one due to restriction. PLEASE HELP

Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta

Re: Account Restricted Please Help!!!

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Have you logged into your account to change your autopay method of payment?

About the only thing which will remove the restriction from your account is making ontime payments over a period of time. It is unlikely you will get the restriction removed in any other way.

Fortunately, you CAN purchase a phone with such a restriction on your account. You would just have to make payment in full at the time of purchase. You just wouldn't be able to enter into a financing agreement to pay for the phone over time with Verizon.

If you don't have the full amount to purchase a device of your likeing all at once, you could either choose to purchase a different device at a lower cost or if the device is available direct from the manufacturer you could purchase it from them and apply to their financing offerings. Many phone manufacturers now offer direct purchases of the devices they make and offer financing for said devices. Most of these financing choices thru the manufacturer have the same 0% financing that Verizon offers. Furthermore, you could save even more money by purchasing the unlocked version of the device and simply transfer the SIM card from your old device to your new device instead of purchasing the Verizon version of the device. This way, you won't have to pay the upgrade fee Verizon charges when you purchase a device with a pre-installed Verizon SIM card in it.

Manufacturers which offer such a method or purchase which I have personally used in the past are Apple and Google. I believe that Samsung also offers the same sort of purchasing option.

0 Me gusta

Re: Account Restricted Please Help!!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can imagine how concerning this must be, tkdrumright756. We just sent you a private message so we can take a closer look at your options. 

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Me gusta