cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Accidental International Call

GROWED32
Miembro

Somehow my phone was in my pocket and I butt dialed an international call to South Africa.  I have been charged for a 40 minute call at almost $3 a minute.  Can I get this taken off my bill?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Accidental International Call

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn that you accidentally made an international call, GROWED32. I'd like to make recommendations to prevent any future accidental calls. Please provide your phone model and we'll provide you with steps to set up a PIN or a pattern to have your phone screen locked at all times while your phone is in your pocket. This will certainly prevent any accidental calls in the future.

We are not able to remove any accurate charges from your bill and while accidental, the call was made and the charges are accurate. I apologize for any inconvenience this information may cause you.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel

Call customer service, you'll get further than support the forum can provide since it's more personal than just text.

"Nothing I can do" is a poor response to this. An agent can possibly get it removed if you're a tenured customer especially.

0 Me gusta

LINMOR27
Miembro

I have a similar issue. I usually call my mother in France and I'm now being told there's nothing they can do. WHY was I given incorrect information to begin with from TWO different customer care representitives? I'm now being told if I had called in the 48 hours after the call was made but before my billing cycle ended they could have added it. BUT HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! I wasn't informed anything was wrong until after the billing cycle had ended. BYE VERIZON... I'M OUT!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

LINMOR27,

Being able to reach your Mother in France is very important and we would never want you to have trouble reaching her. We want to get your concerns addressed as soon as possible but would need some additional information from you about what is happening. Are you being charged for calls that you didn't make? Did you have an issue like the original poster where the call was made accidentally? Please share specific information about what happened with you so that we can get this taken care of for you as soon as possible.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

LINMOR27
Miembro

The call was absolutely accidental. I always call her via FaceTime audio over Wifi, this call was somehow made via the cellular network (although I still don't know how, or why). There was no obvious indication that this was a cellular call, and I was not notified about the added charge until after my billing cycle had ended. These facts were stated in my previous post before it was incorrectly censored and deleted. Initially I was told by TWO DIFFERENT REPRESENTATIVES they would add a $15 feature to my account that would add international calling retroactively for just that month. Of course I opted for that. Then a week later I got a text notice that they were still going to charge me the full price for the call, and even more for adding international calling. I called back and was told all they did was add the feture to my account for the current billing cycle and for all future billing cycles. They said they'd remove it, but that there was NOTHING they could do to help me with the extra $160 I was being charged for this accidental call. I was told that if I had called and added the feature before that billing cycle had ended it would have only cost the amount of the added feature. However, there was no way to know because I wasn't notified of the added charges until after the billing cycle had ended. A horrible customer service policy. I've been a Verizon customer for two years this go-around, but for many years if you count the time I was a customer in the 2000s. This has been infuriating. If there is anything you can do to keep me from jumping ship... I'm all ears.

0 Me gusta

LINMOR27
Miembro

UPDATE: Posting this here prompted Verizon Community Customer Service to call me to resolve the problem. AND THEY DID! Thank you so much. They've credited my account for the accidental call, hallelujah! After the fix being botched twice, and then being told there was nothing they could do. Thank you so much! The extremely nice gentleman who dealt with this problem just saved a customer from jumping ship. Well done sir. 

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We sincerely appreciate your kind words, LINMOR27. We work hard to provide sincere, warm, and effective customer service. Your words mean more than any button. We’ve updated the view on Community Forums, so the button we referenced is no longer there. I’ll make sure we update our leaders regarding the mention of a “correct answer button”. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do for you.

Don’t forget two awesome values we offer: One, with Verizon Wireless, you can change plans as often as your needs change. Be sure to review all our current plans often: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ Two, Verizon Up: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocialYou can get great rewards such as device dollars, concert tickets, daily bonus promotions, and more, just for doing things like paying your bill!

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Me gusta

Hi. I got the same issue. Accidentally made international call instead of facetime. Also $150. I just learned after receiving my bill. Is there a way you can also do the same for me? 

0 Me gusta

mcrosslo
Miembro

This just happened to me as well, usally my calls don' tgo through and it says I can't dial internarional, The call was acctifental as well since I usually use Facetime/ Magicjack to talk to my family, but somehow a $244 call went through using a cellular network!!! They said they could credit me 30% back but that is still a lot of money to pay. 

0 Me gusta