cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

Líder Sénior

@Pbidro escribió:

I am having the same issue. I'm three days into my cycle and Verizon is saying I've used 7+GB of data. That's not possible. Nothing has changed with our usage. Please help 

Of course it's possible. Please check your device and find out which application is using an abnormal amount of data. Unusual and excessive use is almost always a malfunction of the phone, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the carrier other than they report what's your phone used.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am seriously thinking about contacting a Class Action lawyer to look into this!

I have experienced the same!

There is obviously some sort of scam and fraud Verizon is doing.

They were recently sued for overcharging people in another area.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What is happening to me sounds similar to your situation.

There is something rotten in Denmark.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

HeyWhereismydata I understand you concern, and we only count documented data usage. Have you checked your phone to see what is using the date? Have you added any new apps? Have you changed the manner in which you use your phone? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@HeyWhereismydata escribió:

I am seriously thinking about contacting a Class Action lawyer to look into this!

A handful of people that don't understand data use and reporting, and haven't tracked their usage, does not equal grounds for a dispute, much less a group legal dispute.  

I have experienced the same!

There is obviously some sort of scam and fraud Verizon is doing.

And what does your phone say?  If your phone says it used a lot of data, it did, and it's a phone problem.  If your phone matches Verizon's count, then there is no fraud.  

They were recently sued for overcharging people in another area.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I've been dealing with the same issue. i've noticed bogus data charges even when my data is turned OFF. definately switching if this isn't resolved. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@5705755950 escribió:

I've been dealing with the same issue. i've noticed bogus data charges even when my data is turned OFF. definately switching if this isn't resolved. 

Since the delay in data reporting to your online account can be several hours up to several days that would not be unusual at all. Your devices should be accurately tracking your data live. If your phones/other devices say you have used a certain amount of data, and Verizon's tally agrees, then the data recording is correct.

as devices get more sophisticated, and get higher speed LTE and even 5G connection we are going to see more and more data is used. It's just like back in the 2013/2014 years where are the data use increased because everyone switched from 3G to 4G LTE phones and screens keep getting bigger.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Best post I've seen so far! Been having this issue for a few months. We have not been doing anything different than we usually do, even turning our phones off at night. Where my husband works there's a firewall so he cannot access texts or calls at work. I am connected to my works' WiFi the entire time I'm at work yet I'm going over my data, I call garbage, I agree that it seems like Verizon is pushing to get as many people as possible to update to their new data plan, sorry Verizon, this is a good way to LOSE CUSTOMERS! Seriously thinking of taking my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@Blopez77 escribió:

Best post I've seen so far! Been having this issue for a few months. We have not been doing anything different than we usually do, even turning our phones off at night. Where my husband works there's a firewall so he cannot access texts or calls at work. I am connected to my works' WiFi the entire time I'm at work yet I'm going over my data, I call garbage, I agree that it seems like Verizon is pushing to get as many people as possible to update to their new data plan, sorry Verizon, this is a good way to LOSE CUSTOMERS! Seriously thinking of taking my business elsewhere.

No carrier controls your data use.  It is entirely between you and your phone. That does not rule out a faulty phone or a faulty application. It also doesn't rule out user error.

all cell phones have an independent meter of data use. You can access yours in your settings on the phone, under cellular/Data Usage. It will show you usage by application so you can pinpoint exactly which apps are using larger amounts of data. If you are using an iPhone the cellular usage is not reset with your bill cycle as it is on android. Android phones save history by monthly bill cycle.  Which is very handy because you can see which application has suddenly run amok.

I no longer allow iPhones, because we had more than 2 iPhones which stopped connecting to Wi-Fi.  When we pulled the Sim card, the phone would buffer refuse to load, because wifi antenna was "broken".    
   Because androids give a more complete picture of data use by the bill cycle, and have not had any issues with broken Wi-Fi antenna we are sticking with android phones.

samples:

4210BA4F-E926-43B8-811D-987DDF27722E.png3F3A0F18-7C17-47C6-A2F8-139FD248C7C5.png8E544677-8EF3-4E6E-A922-C86B175A4958.jpeg2F3242CD-E509-4C12-88B4-3A0474D5CCD0.jpeg

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

We have not been doing anything different than we usually do

I can't believe people still make statements such as this. Are you not aware your phone CAN and DOES use data without you initiating data usage????? Hello!!!! When you install an app, that app can initiate data usage without your knowledge depending on the settings within the app. Even if you make the settings such that you minimize this from happening, when the app is updated(as they are on a regular basis) the settings CAN change with the update.

Where my husband works there's a firewall so he cannot access texts or calls at work.

This means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This would only apply to wifi data and NOT cellular data. Firewalls only protect a network from ingoing/outgoing data into the network. Cellular data goes from Verizon's network to the phone. It does not FIRST go thru your husband's work wifi network. The ONLY way this would apply would be if this is a cellular device provided by your husband's work and they place restrictions on what can happen on the device. UNFORTUNATELY, this would also prevent the device from doing the SAME things when NOT at work. If he can access certain things via the cellular network while away from work, the firewall would NOT prevent accessing those things while AT WORK.

For example, my work ALSO has a firewall which prevents using Netflix and other streaming apps. All I have to do to access those while at work is to use CELLULAR data instead of wifi data. The firewall is on my WORK'S network, not the cellular network which it has no control over. I am able to watch as much Netflix, Prime Video, ESPN, etc... as I would like at work simply by doing so via cellular data instead of wifi data where the firewall would prevent me from doing so.