cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

DivineWarrior
Miembro

There is NO explicable reason why our data has increased exponentially within the last 2 months since we have not made any changes to our phones that warrant the amount of the data usage that Verizon is claiming we have used. 

Verizon,

Don't insult your customers with some of the customer service replies we have seen on these forums.  With the exception of a few people who may have some confusion with cellular phones, the majority of your customers are actually intelligent and practice common sense.  We know when we add apps, we know when we tether, we know when we use Netflix, we know how to close the background apps and we know when we are not on WIFI.  We know how to use our phones and we know when we are being taken advantage of ....despite being long-time loyal customers of yours.

Is it a coincidence that these sudden increases in your customer's data usages coincide with the your new data plans?  Is it a coincidence, that customers who call into customer service with data concerns and complaints are being recommended to upgrade to your new unlimited plans which carry a higher price tag? 

Obviously, these questions are rhetorical because with SO MANY customers experiencing this sudden data increase simultaneously, it is just plain common sense what is really going on!!!

Any company can claim, elicit, "pay" or find another company to label them as "the Best Network in the U.S.", but to actually implement the values and business integrity that these United States were built on is the genuine and actual accomplishment.

It might just be the perfect time to do what other former Verizon customers on this forum have already done and switch T-Mobile...since despite their possible shortcomings....at least they are not pillaging their customers data!!!!

Labels (1)

Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

glitchedpixel

Verizon's only newest data plan is Above Unlimited and that's an addition to existing plans. All the other tiered data came out well over 2 months ago. No abnormal data usage here.

Why do people think "I've been a long time customer" is going to get some sway? To me that is a bit condescending to the reps only trying to help. The account I'm on was originally an Alltel account, but I don't think I deserve special treatment.

Put down the tin foil hat, there is no crazy conspiracy that VZW is trying to push unlimited. Been on the 2GB plan and the only time we've hit the limit is when we were using it more.

0 Me gusta

DivineWarrior
Miembro

You assumed the "long time customer" was an expectation for special treatment, but that is on you!  The comment was simply to establish experience with Verizon because this is not the first time this has happened in the last 20+ years I've been with them.

As for the rest of your comment, Wait for it...your turn will come to wear the tin hat.

TREUSNETTI
Miembro

We have had the EXACT same issue over the past several months, and this month is the worst yet. No increase in consumption, and we even turn our data off when we're at home since we're on WiFi (have I mentioned that I work from home?). I sometimes even turn it off when I'm away from home to try to conserve.

I turned off background app refresh and Wi-Fi assist months ago, check that they're still off after an update.  Last month we were almost out of data with about two weeks left in the period. This month, we're suddenly out of data ONE WEEK into the period.

I am THIS close to contacting an attorney to see if we have a case for investigating whether Verizon intentionally uses more data in order to get us to try to subscribe to an unlimited data plan.

MAGICSTEPH
Miembro

I have the exact same issue. I work from home and use wifi via comcast nearly 24 / 7, yet, I get to use almost all of my XL data plan.

This week, I week on vacation and used 27 gigs in 3 days of time, barely using my phone at all.

Back 2+ years ago, I would use the phone like crazy, watching netflix videos and the go and other youtube for hours, and barely reach 1gb of usage.

Now, as soon as I touch the phone to use the road map, It uses 2+ gig of usage.

Give me a break. AT&T, Verizon and other phone companies have found a new way to rip off their customers. My advice: change to another phone network, such as T-mobile or Sprint. By attempting to extort $ 20 - $ 30 extra per month with data usage, they will loose life long customers that spend $ 150+ per months...

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure you are always in control of your data. We can take a look at the issue to make sure to address it. What kind of phones are involved? Do you have Smart Witch or Wi-Fi assist active? Has there been any new updates or application downloads? You can view a breakdown of your data usage on most device by heading to your Settings. What applications are using the most data?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

TREUSNETTI
Miembro

I'm on an iPhone 8. I haven't had WiFi assist on in months, since it was jacking up my data usage. I don't allow background app refresh. I reset my data statistics and found that Facebook was using hundreds of megabytes of data within minutes. Is this a recent Facebook update? I don't understand why all of a sudden, in the last several months, the data usage would increase so much.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Facebook is a well known data hog. Additionally, even if you have the app settings such that it minimizes Facebook data usage I have seen my app settings change when the app updates to a new version. You should always check app settings if you suddenly see an increase in data consumption.

0 Me gusta

zahmfam20180706
Miembro

I am having this issue but only on one line. My son's phone is showing data usage constantly. It is charging it as web data, but he has his cellular data turned off for Safari. This has been happening the last couple months after we had to have his phone replaced with a refurbished iPhone 6S. Could that be the issue? I had him go through and turn off data to all is social, web, and game apps. He is still showing data usage that jumps a full gig every couple of days. He looks at his data usage on his settings though and it shows he has barely used a single gig since his data reset. What is happening? We also turned off his location services, and it still shows that data is being used every couple of minutes. He is currently on a trip with his grandmother but when he returns we are going to a Verizon store to get this straightened out.

Gemologic
Miembro

Yes, something is really weird here.

I have 28 days left on my 8GB plan and have used 17% so far?

Please Verizon, or a class action lawyer,  analyse my 20 years of usage. Before May 4, 2018 I was averaging 4GB a month and contemplating reducing. I would like to think I know that my consumption has not changed in the first two days of this months plan and to use 17% so far is very very strange......