cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.

LClarke84
Miembro

I’m also seeing this problem. Last 2 billing cycles now. What happened last year when everyone was having issues?

Koopman
Miembro

We are seeing the same issue over the last 2 billing cycle.  It is very strange since we've had nothing but rain and we've been stuck at home connected to wireless.  Yet 2 months in a row we've gone over data.  The only option we have is to go unlimited.

I suspect suspect this is the same issue seen in the thread a year ago when people saw unexplained data usage increases.  

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@Luvgisela wrote:

Can u please share if this issue was resolved? I'm going through the same trouble. 

As is the case in the vast majority of increased data usage, you should check the settings on your apps. If you update an app, whether automatically or manually, whether on cellular or wifi, the update CAN change the settings on the app which may result in increased data consumption.

EVERY time you see your data use increase without any obvious changes in your habits, you should ALWAYS check the settings on your installed apps. They could have been changed without your knowledge with an app update.

This is pointed out again and again whenever anyone reports an increased data reporting from Verizon and quite often ends up being the culprit.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@Koopman wrote:

We are seeing the same issue over the last 2 billing cycle.  It is very strange since we've had nothing but rain and we've been stuck at home connected to wireless.  Yet 2 months in a row we've gone over data.  The only option we have is to go unlimited.

I suspect suspect this is the same issue seen in the thread a year ago when people saw unexplained data usage increases.  

I suspect it is the same issue, too, an increase in data usage due to changed settings on an installed app due to an app update.

Have you checked your device's onboard data counter which indicates how much data each app is using? Have you compared the current usage against past usage? Have you gone in to the settings of the apps using the most data to see if the settings are such that it can use data without your knowledge? Have you seen data usage by apps you never or rarely use?

The only reason unlimited would be the only option is if you are unwilling to do a little investigating on which apps are using the most data and then unwilling to change the settings on those apps to limit their usage. I have had this happen to me in the past and simply changing the settings on installed apps have put my reported data usage right back to what it was in the past.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

meo636
Miembro

I noticed same extreme increase in data this last year and run out (i have beyond) inside 8 days. They try to say it's my streaming...but massive increase this last year when i didnt change my usage. Tmobile looking better and better...

Community Manager
Community Manager
meo636
This doesn't look good at all. We want to do all that we can to prove that we're worthy of your continued business. Any data that's used while your device is connected to the Verizon Wireless network will use your monthly data allowance. This includes when you access the Internet, watch a video, check your email, play games, use apps (e.g., Facebook®, Twitter®, Maps etc.) and more. Las tareas de fondo, como servicios de sincronización o ubicación, también pueden usar datos. Did you have a chance to review your data usage details online at My Verizon? 

For more information regarding how data usage is debited from your allowance, click the link below: 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Me gusta

freddurst321
Miembro

No one is forcing you to read the posts.

0 Me gusta

drh753
Miembro

Same issue for us. One line (which is a jetpack) blew through our entire month of data in an hour!  We'd made no changes in usage.  In a typical month we were barely using our 4GB.  I don't want to be synical either, but amazingly there was a special promotion available to double our data for an increase of $10 a month.  

Luvgisela
Miembro

@rcschnoor easier said than done. After my posts in June, I actually downloaded glasswire app to try to prove what was going on by monitoring data completely and seeing which of my over 200 apps were using data. Interestingly enough I had no issues with excessive data being used by my apps while my phone was on wifi.  So obviously the issue was not with the apps.  Unfortunately Glasswire affected my phone's performance due to the settings I'd set to make sure no data would be used while on Verizon network.  I had already incurred too many overage charges for data in that cycle and didn't want to incur anymore just to test it out on Verizon network. I had to cave and upgrade to unlimited. I had no choice. I did check out other companies and I may still switch before the end of this year once my device payments are completely paid.  

0 Me gusta

Luvgisela
Miembro

@meo636 I agree.  We all know it's not the streaming.  Too many people having the same issue while maintaining same usage habits. What a coincidence.  Think how many more people have experienced this and haven't come to this post and just upgraded.  It's disgraceful big corporations taking advantage of their customers. Verizon knows they have the best network and let's be honest,thats  the only reason a lot of us haven't switched over yet. But even Google now offers phone service. Hope Verizon steps up their game before they start losing a lot of customers or end up with a lawsuit over this.  

0 Me gusta